The Foothills of the Himalaya - a 6-week trip.


Advertisement
India's flag
Asia » India » Sikkim » Gangtok
May 11th 2008
Published: May 14th 2008
Edit Blog Post

Total Distance: 0 miles / 0 kmMouse: 0,0

Route Map for Foothills of Himalaya Trip

Not all the places we are staying are on the map but it gives a general idea of the areas we are visiting

4 days before my wife, Alison, and I leave for a 6-week trip to the foothills of the Himalaya. We are not backpackers prefering to travel with some level of comfort. To that end we have used the services of the travel company, Audley. We have used the same company on several other occasions, and found them to be excellent. The greater expense has been rewarded by the ease from our, point of view, of having no actual arrangements to be made other than our wishes as to the areas we see. Audley's organises a route; recommends their personally-used hotels; arranges our own transport with driver plus a companion for him; internal flights and train connections; and finally provides us with guides at several 'touristy' locations. Most of the locations we have elected to visit will be leisurely toured as we spend 2 to 3 days at each one. Having said that, we are covering a huge distance, and to see as much of the area as possible, we will have to endure 4 internal flights and 1 train journey. This presumes that we will have several drivers whereas on previous visits we have been spoilt by having the same driver for the duration of a trip.
To give some idea as to the geography of our holiday, I am preparing several maps;

Advertisement



Tot: 0.097s; Tpl: 0.011s; cc: 5; qc: 47; dbt: 0.0397s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.1mb