Bijaipur to Bikaner (DAY 6 - 13)


Advertisement
India's flag
Asia » India » Rajasthan
March 6th 2007
Published: March 6th 2007
Edit Blog Post

DAY6

We traveled to Bambora (a small village) via Chittaur. In Chittaur we visited the fort and whizzed around in tuk-tuks with highly competitive drivers - a bit like wacky races really!

Our accommodation was at Bambora fort in the middle of nowhere - once again our room was in a turret but very palatial even so. This is fabulous accommodation and only wished we had time to try out the pool.

DAY 7

Drove to Udaipur, Rajasthan’s most picturesque city on Lake Pichola - the place where Octapussy was filmed. This city is the place to buy miniature paintings (i.e. pictures of precise detail) and we got carried away and purchased a couple of fine pieces of work - not cheap but good value considering they took weeks to paint.

Unfortunately Paul joined Alison with the Delhi Belly!

DAY 8

Visited the palace of Udaipur, but we got most excited when we came across a colourful group of ladies in saris - a photographer’s dream. The sculpted walls were amazing.

DAY 9

Visited the pharmacy and achieved suitable relief from our symptoms. Drove to Deogarh Mahal, a fort with a palace
Bambora FortBambora FortBambora Fort

This is what I call a boutique hotel!
inside and made good use of the pool and table tennis table. Our tour guide is a son of a mahara and thus has excellent contcts ...consequently we keep getting room upgrades ... so we're in a suite tonight ...and very nice it is too!

DAY 10 to 11

Visited the formidable Kumbhalgarh fort and then we continued to Narlai, a small town overlooked by a gigantic 350m rock. Our accommodation at Narlai was superb - very relaxing and stylish and a little bit of a wildlife haven. Its like paradise here amongst the birds and relaxing on the beds in the garden.

We visited a Jain temple with amazing carvings inside and then walked up the rock for sunset … quite thankful really for a little bit of exercise.


DAY 12

Drive to Jodhpur, the blue city on the edge of the Thar desert. We’ve been spoilt by the accommodation up to now but the hotel here can be best described as functional. We toured the Meherangarh fort and experienced incredible lassi before getting caught up in a thunder storm on the way back to the hotel.

DAY 13

Drove to Ossian, an ancient town in the Thar dersert and spent the night at a camel camp. The tents were luxurious if not a little damp from the previous night’s downpour. Of course the camel ride had to be done …. very difficult though to get these camels to gallop!




Additional photos below
Photos: 8, Displayed: 8


Advertisement

Relaxing at NarlaiRelaxing at Narlai
Relaxing at Narlai

These beds in the garden make for good chill-outs
Sunset at NarlaiSunset at Narlai
Sunset at Narlai

Climbed the rock overlooking Narlai village for sunrise. Thankfully we didn't encounter the leaopard seen on this small outcrop!
Lassi heaven!Lassi heaven!
Lassi heaven!

We're rather addicted to banana lassis nowadays


Tot: 0.065s; Tpl: 0.01s; cc: 5; qc: 44; dbt: 0.042s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.1mb