Mt Abu


Advertisement
India's flag
Asia » India » Rajasthan
March 14th 2023
Published: March 14th 2023
Edit Blog Post

Day-3: Abu Road-Mt Abu

Although, rather dangerous from driving point of view, the most enjoyable part of the day’s journey was the last 45 min before reaching Abu Road, when it started pouring cats and dogs. Visibility was just 10-15 feet!

Made it to Abu Road safely to stay for the night – where I wanted to be – at the junction from where road to Mt Abu starts.

Visited Brahmakumari’s center at Abu Road in the morning. They provide a personal guide even for a small group of two people (like us)!

On to Mt Abu.

Mt Abu during raining season is real fun. We have visited the place during monsoon several times. A positive change we noted this time was the road around Nakki Lake (open only for pedestrians) which has been developed with couple of small gardens and more importantly, benches to sit and enjoy the nature. Again, we prefer to stay near Nakki Lake rather than distantly located fancy hotels or resorts.

Enjoyed Rabdi and Chocolate ice-cream at Nakki lake. Mandatory in Abu.

Day-4: Return.

I always enjoy driving up to Guru Shikhar, the highest point in Mt Abu. It is a treacherous road, and this time, it was raining since early morning and had to drop the idea.

Back to Gandhinagar via Palanpur-Mehsana.


Additional photos below
Photos: 9, Displayed: 9


Advertisement



Tot: 0.059s; Tpl: 0.01s; cc: 12; qc: 28; dbt: 0.0397s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.1mb