On to Fort Kesroli Hotel....a 14th century fort.


Advertisement
India's flag
Asia » India » Rajasthan
October 4th 2017
Published: October 4th 2017
Edit Blog Post

We had a lovely last night at Shaphura House...all the staff so lovely. Caught the last rays of sun at the pool with Long Island Iced Tea ( which I've got to say became 3 over the night) ...they call them Icelandic Tea. The barman made the best we have had . We had a small dinner as we had a big lunch at the ladies house.
Raj picked us up at 11 and we were very sad to leave this place. They really made us feel at home and for anyone going to Jaipur we would certainly recommeND this place.
About 200 kms to Kesroli but Raj said allow 3 to 4 hours as had the trip was bad roads. We stopped at 230 for some lunch at a little "Pure Veg Restaurant" and it was a great lunch...out for just over $8NZ for the 3 of us.Raj calls our next hotel as just a stop on the way to Agra but we are totally surprised when we get there. Mind you Sandra had emailed yesterday and asked for a room upgrade as my 67th birthday is 5 October and she did really well. We have a lovely big room in a turret of the fort with a back door leading down to the pool.. The pool is lovely and we are quite excited about dinner which we were not holding too much hope for. The fort is quite high...quite a steep climb from where the car stops... .and the views over the lovely fertile valley farms and village are fantastic. We look down on life going on probably pretty much as it has been for the last hundred years .....as dusk fell and the cooking fires were lit it felt quite surreal looking down from our fort "battlements".
I am pretty pleased as I am writing this in real time having finally caught up....

Advertisement



Tot: 0.087s; Tpl: 0.009s; cc: 7; qc: 44; dbt: 0.0424s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.1mb