DAY 13: Udaipur, Hotel Mewar Inn


Advertisement
India's flag
Asia » India » Rajasthan » Udaipur
February 21st 2011
Published: February 25th 2011
Edit Blog Post

We didn't see any sights yesterday, just basked in the luxury of having a fully functioning toilet and hot water. We had some tea and then went and watched a film- felt a bit like home really, but just what we needed.

This morning we were up relatively early to go and see the City Palace. It's definitely become more hotter the more south we've come- good news as Goa is even further. Hopefully it will be ok to show a bit more skin down there- keeping covered up is killing us- and making us sweat ridiculously! This morning wiped us out a bit so we headed back to the hotel for a bit food and a little lie down. (This travelling malarkey is knackering, honestly!).

About 4pm we decided we'd have our first Indian massage and headed back into town. Found somewhere recommended by the guide book. Although 2 men were more than willing to do it, we decided to stick with the lady instead. I went in first. It wasn't so much a massage as rather a 'vigorous rub'. That tiny little woman was strong as anything! She kept saying 'Pressure ok madam?' and I could barely breathe, let alone say 'No, actually you're cutting off my circulation'.

Something must have worked because our lymph nodes were apparently now drained and we were told not to shower for 2 hours. Laura came out with bruises on her arms and legs and she's a lot tougher than me!

Considering we couldn't go back and shower, we went out for tea in the restaurant with the highest view of the city. I have to say that Udaipur is beautiful- it really is. Gorgeous white buildings, a floating temple, it's right by a lake and the streets and people are overall much cleaner and tidier. This city was also the backdrop for the Octopussy Bond film- and the restaurant we were in shows it at 7pm each day! I hope the pics on here do the view justice!


After tea we headed back- ready to get some sleep in before our mammoth journey to Goa tomorrow. I want to say the place where we're staying is amazing- they did boiled eggs on toast (a luxury, believe me) and huge teapots of masala chai to keep Laura happy. We could sit on our strapless tops on the rooftop and not be pestered and our washing arrived smelling clean and fresh the morning after we put it in.

We struggled to leave this place during the day!


Additional photos below
Photos: 8, Displayed: 8


Advertisement

The nicest man everThe nicest man ever
The nicest man ever

Look at the little mantra in the background!
Massage or massacre?Massage or massacre?
Massage or massacre?

Bruising and general battering behind those curtains.


Tot: 0.107s; Tpl: 0.012s; cc: 9; qc: 46; dbt: 0.055s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.1mb