Relief


Advertisement
India's flag
Asia » India » Rajasthan » Udaipur
January 31st 2006
Published: February 2nd 2006
Edit Blog Post

Its quite a relief to get to Udaipur and it hasn't dissapointed. There is a lot less hassle here than in the other places we have visited in the "tourist triangle" and the pace of life seems a bit more chilled.

The town is built around two main lakes, with two smaller lake in between. Our hotel is by one of the two small lakes and so is fairly central. It isn't amazing but its not bad.

We walked round the city palace today and went out to some gardens on an island in the middle of one of the lakes. We sat there for an hour or so and just enjoyed the sun and the peace and quiet.

We get rid of our driver tomorrow and even though we got scammed along the way I realise its not his fault and he's just doing his job. I've got quite attached to him and i'll be sad to say goodbye. I'm looking forward to being on our own and being able to make our own plans and not having to stick to a timetable.

We're getting a bus up to Mount Abu tomorrow morning for some peace and quiet. Planning to stay a couple of days but who knows!

Advertisement



2nd February 2006

Let me see...
So, let me see.. you paid a pony for a camel and then got taken for a ride. You've gotta admit that there's a certain irony there! Hey, so what's the tucker like? Chicken Jalfrazi 'n' chips washed down with a pint of Stella Artois? My super spidey-sense thinks that your Balti-King vouchers won't be helping you guys much somehow. Sounds fab, keep the blog coming. I know it's easy to get taken by somebody presenting as nice. What was the film comment "..your enemies come to you smiling" (DeNiro?) Summat like that. Looking forward to the pictures, keep well, have fun. Spill the goss!

Tot: 0.072s; Tpl: 0.009s; cc: 10; qc: 48; dbt: 0.0507s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.1mb