We're in Magical Udaipur


Advertisement
India's flag
Asia » India » Rajasthan » Udaipur
January 16th 2007
Published: January 16th 2007
Edit Blog Post

Hello all... Tamara and I left Pushkar on yesterday to come to Goa... We took a bus which left pushkar in the afternoon and arrived what felt like a century later. The bus looked like it was from the 1960's and we were unsure of whether it would arrive in one piece. As we travelled a boy spent his time leaning out the door of the bus asking people if the wanted a ride. Many did, and sat on the floor or stood in the aisles for the long journey.

Fortunately the bus arrived in one piece, in Udaipur last night around ten in the evening. On arrival Tamara and I jumped into a auto rickshaw with our backpacks and headed to our Hotel.

On arrival at the Hotel we were taken to our room which seamed nice enough. Fealing exhausted and quite hungry we went up to the roof terrca restaurant of our hotel where we ate dinner looking out at the lake palace. It was really magical. In the background playing on an old TV was the film Octopussy. The reason for this is that it was filmed in Udaipur at the Lake palace. The rooms in our Hotel were all numbered 001, 002, 003, 004...007 in reference this james bond connection.

After dinner we were fealing rather tired and headed off to bed where we read for a little while and the fell asleep.

Today we awoke and headed off to see the City palace which was very beautiful and much bigger then I remebered it. We then had a very nice lunch in the restaurant of the palace....

anyways thats all for now... still having a wonderful time should be heading off to goa in the next couple of days which we are very much looking forward to

Miss you all



Additional photos below
Photos: 4, Displayed: 4


Advertisement



23rd February 2007

love and hugs
hi dear j.C. Have been enjoying your colorful and adventurous randonnee through INDIA. i have just discovered your talent for photography. Some of your sceneries are quite dramatic and will certainly impress Uncle L... sorry have to go to bed...and off to bed xxxxxxxAunt harriett
24th February 2007

you guys look so beautiful, bohemian and blissful at the pretty palace

Tot: 0.129s; Tpl: 0.011s; cc: 11; qc: 48; dbt: 0.0871s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.1mb