We're on the beach in Goa


Advertisement
India's flag
Asia » India » Goa » Palolem
January 20th 2007
Published: January 20th 2007
Edit Blog Post

Hi guys... Tam and I decided that after all the temples and culture we had taken in that it was time to head to the beach. We left Udaipur the day before yesterday where we spent a really wonderful time.

In udaipur the stuff we did after my last post was the following. We decided to go on a little boat trip of the lake which was nice. We were forced to wear these ridiculous looking life vests (I took some photos of Tamara which Ill try and post soon). We also decided that after slumming it for a while that we should spoil ourselves a little and reserved for luch at the restaurant of the lake palace.

Tamara and I got dressed in our best clothes and headed off to catch the boat to the palace. After a long walk up and down the roads of udaipur we finally found the dock from which the boat left. On arrival at the dock we were greated by the staff of the hotel who walked us to the boat. On arrival we were escorted from the dock to the restaurant were we were given waht was definitely the best table in the house. We were in a sort of alcove with views in every direction over the lake to the city palace. We ate a delicious meal and enjoyed the views. In order to make this luxurious experience last as long as possible we moved to the bar after lunch for some iced tea. To make it last even longer we moved to alounge to have cofee. At this point we had been at the palce for about 4 hours and felt that perhaps it was time to make are way back to reality.

Our last night we went for dinner at another palace overlooking the lake. The following morning we got up early and headed to Ahmedabad airport were we caught a slightly dellayed flight to Goa. On arrival at Goa airport we met some German girls who were heading to Palolem (the beach we wanted to got to) and shared a taxi with them. When we arrived at the beach our taxi was surrounded by people trying to take us to there different beach huts. We followed one, with our heavy backpacks on our backs down the beautiful (very long) beach. We arrived at a beach hut which was ok for one night but didn't come with its own bathroom. The following morning we found one which did and moved there.

The beach hut wheere we are staying now is run by a littlle old indian woman who has been very sweet. We spent the day reading on the beach which was really nice except that I got a little sun burned. At night Tamara decided to go for a walk along the beach and I met a few really cool and extremely funny australian girls. When Tamara came back we all decided to go for dinner together. They had tamara and I laughing non-stop. Unfortunately they left this morning so we didnt get to hang out with them more...
All in all Goa is really great but in terms of going out or culture, there doesnt seem to be much going on.. I dont think were gonna last much longer just sitting on a beach but that being said were degfintely enjoying the time we have here.

Tomorrow we intend to go check out some other beaches where I ve been told I can do some waterskiing.. Any ways gotta go now but I miss you all and really enjoy getting your emails and text messages so please keep them coming

xoxoxo JC

Ps send this blog address on to anyone who you think might want it. Ive added the emails I ve got but dont have them all.


Additional photos below
Photos: 5, Displayed: 5


Advertisement



Tot: 0.06s; Tpl: 0.01s; cc: 7; qc: 44; dbt: 0.0379s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.1mb