QUick catchup


Advertisement
India's flag
Asia » India » Rajasthan » Ranthambhore National Park
August 25th 2007
Published: September 4th 2007
Edit Blog Post

Ok hello again, sorry now in China so am going to do a very quick run down of the latest events to get to the present. So continuing from the last entry, we went to this beautiful white marble mosque- on retrospect the most superior of them all, it was stunning, we were abvle to sit and look at the colourfull stain glass windows inside the temple and absorb the atmosphere.........
Next day we went to the city palace in Jaipur which was cool, they had this huge urn that was in the guiness book of records for being the largest silver craft peice- some years ago now though. There were displays of heavily embroidered robes etc of the royalty- so intricate and it took for some items months at a time to make say a top. There was also the suit of a reaaly fat emperor- he was 5 foot wide- at least- hugge man!
Next day we moved onto Ranthamborne for the national park- we had another nice pool, and there were loads of frogs leaping around everywhere. That afternoon we went on the safarri, in hope of seeing the famous tiger- but sadly it wasnt really the right season, however the journey in the jeep type car was fun, my stomach turned quite alot and i held on for dear life pretty much the whole way. We saw some antelopes and many birds but thats about it really. That evening we had a gross banquet but a really good performance of traditional Indian dance, with this really talented little kid, who had this ability to pop his hip out at you- will hav to demonstrate to explain, but he was very good, and got all of our tour group up and dancing trying to shake our hips appropiatly. It was pretty hard work, we all sat down sweating like mad- i had to go stand outside- and it was only like 3minutes of exercise, but the heat in India just takes it out of you- i dont know how they do it in full costume?!
Next day we had a really long drive, Sarah and i were going a bit delerious- but i was getting lots of reading done which is good for uni work. We stoppped off at a place called Fatephur Sikri- which was basically a huge palace complex again, but there was this seat in the middle and legend has it that the maharaja used to have all his slave girls stand on the squares of the courtyard and act as a kind of human chess for hours on end..........
There was also a mosque just outside the temple that we went into. but as usual we were followed around by a 'guide' who we told him we wudnt pay him a pennie, but insisted on following us around saying he didnt expect anything, and as we cant stop them from talking we just kept saying no thank you and he persited then got arsey wen we left without giving him any money- sadly this was the case at a lot of the places we visited and so it got a bit tedious sometimes, and so our guide taught us some words to get rid of them which prooved very effective, but all u cud hear was our group shouting, the equivalent of get lost( basically p**s off though) in Indian for the rest of the tour! quite funny and effective.

nEXT DAY WAS A ERY VERY EARLY ONE TO SEE THE tAJ mAHAL- WOW wow wow- we got there for sunrise allthough it was a bit cloudy so wasnt as pink as it could have been with the sun rising on it. We had a few hours there as it enabled you to see the changing light- it really is stunning, and the story of its origin( the kings wife had a dream one day about a palace and on her death bed said she wanted it built- but the king didnt tell the architects wat he wanted, and it was a competition to create her dream without knowing any thing, and it was desinged and then created.) The kings youngest son killed off his other brothers and imprisoned his father who thankfully could still see the Taj Mahal where he was 'imprissoned' not sure how- rigid it was, but he intended to have a black Taj Mahal opposite the white one, which if there would have been such a site- very beautiful story, i took way too many photos- and im not digital yet so it will be expensive to print all these!


Advertisement



Tot: 0.041s; Tpl: 0.009s; cc: 11; qc: 25; dbt: 0.0236s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1mb