Pushkar Fair: Finding Bliss at Camp Bliss


Advertisement
India's flag
Asia » India » Rajasthan » Pushkar
November 21st 2018
Published: November 26th 2018
Edit Blog Post

Our Temporary HomeOur Temporary HomeOur Temporary Home

Thank you Amy Zuckerberg for this photo
I understand the attraction of peaceful nights, unobstructed views of the moon and the invigorating essence of crisp air. What I don’t understand is the desire to sleep in a cramped tent on the ground void of plumbing, good food and electricity. I guess this is how glamping was born.



Camp Bliss, by Indian Moments, epitomizes the very essence of glamping. It’s provides all the glory of sleeping under stars but also the luxury of hot showers. A perfect marriage, if you ask me.



This is not our first time at Camp Bliss in Pushkar, India and I certainly hope it is not our last. When we considered where we would travel this year, part of the draw of India was the appeal of staying at Camp Bliss.



I know it sounds a little over the top...choose a travel destination because of luxury tent living? It wasn’t our only reason for choosing this trip, but it sure did not hurt.



Camp is located close enough to the mela, or fairgrounds, that we can walk to and from without any issue and without any need for a car or tuk tuk. But it is far enough away from the bustle of the fair, it insures complete tranquility.



It is hard to pinpoint my favorite part of being at Camp Bliss. It could be the hospitality, the amenities, the beautiful views or the closeness to nature. But it could quite possibly be the engaging staff or the incredible food.



We sleep well, eat well and go into full on relaxation mode when we are staying at the camp.



One aspect of Camp Bliss that we have grown to cherish would probably surprise anyone who knows our Stateside selves. Camp Bliss affords the opportunity to meet and really get to know other travelers. Three daily meals are served in the beauty of the dining tent and guests tent to congregate at the same times so that they can catch up on the day’s events.



Typically a couple of hermits at home, dad and I spend our time at Camp Bliss meeting new people, making friends and engaging in lively conversations with people who were strangers only days before our arrival.



If glamping is the way to have it all, glamour and camping; maybe Camp Bliss is the way enjoy India, lively, chaotic and peaceful all at once.


Additional photos below
Photos: 38, Displayed: 23


Advertisement



Tot: 0.062s; Tpl: 0.012s; cc: 7; qc: 23; dbt: 0.0422s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.1mb