Mahaprabhujis Ashram in Khatu


Advertisement
India's flag
Asia » India » Rajasthan » Pali
December 14th 2009
Published: January 8th 2010
Edit Blog Post

While Swamiji was briefly in Jadan we had fun with being adaptable. Enroute to Khatu we received some prickles from roadside toilet stops, wonderful Indian hospitality and an Indian wedding. We enjoyed a few days with Swamiji and the peacocks in Khatu. Now that is a big Ashram. Such beautiful energy there. Shankar Puri (Aiden) was sick with a fever, though he recovered after a couple of days. Shiv Prem (Callum) also had a fever but then his condition deteriorated rather than improved... so we went to the doctor and found he has a urinary infection. He is now on medication and improving slowly. The good news is that his snotty nose that has been running from the right side since the morning after we left Jadan in the middle of the year, has finally cleared up!

We are enjoying the new horses and the new karma yogis that are also here in Jadan. There is a family from Slovenia with two young girls here for a couple of days so the boys are very happy for some new playmates! The winter vegie garden has been planted just at the back of our kitchen area so we can enjoy a green view from the eating veranda. The two injured pigeons are getting stronger as the days go by.

It's winter here and most days we still have a max of 30 degrees! It's a bit like dry season in the tropics. Though we’re having cooler mornings and cool late evenings, I can still sleep with the door open and not wake up cold. It’s really gorgeous weather! We're decorating our room with Cal's artworks and when I'm not there he uses all kinds of glue to stick them up with! There’s a frosty snowman, lots of Christmas stickers, coloured stamps that have been cut out, colourful paper chains and origami creations.


Additional photos below
Photos: 5, Displayed: 5


Advertisement



Tot: 0.05s; Tpl: 0.009s; cc: 7; qc: 24; dbt: 0.033s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1mb