Adventure before Dementia India 2012


Advertisement
India's flag
Asia » India » Rajasthan » Jodhpur
March 9th 2012
Published: March 10th 2012
Edit Blog Post

08.00 Wednesday 07 March

After a late night to bed it's up early to check the guesthouse over. I made a good choice following on from the great arrival welcome last night, I have a big room with double bed a sheet and blanket. Doors on to a verandah and a table and some chairs. Also a large attached bathroom with plenty of hot water. I am given the usual soap , 2 big towels and toilet paper. Down to breakfast of cornflakes , eggs on toast and chai.





The guesthouse is 30 minutes walk to the centre of the town (The Clock Tower). I make my way over the railway footbridge and dismiss the rick drivers on the other side and carry on walking towards town. I walk through the markets to the far side of the Mehrangarh Fort which dominates the town of Jodhpur.





On the way I pass Jodphur Kwik Fit and Dyno Rod.





After that it's hours of the fort tour with my audio round my next. Lots of photos of the fort.





I take the main exit out of the fort and down to the Clock Tower area which is buzzing as people prepare for the big day tomorrow - HOLI .





Everybody is buying sweets as gifts. And some kind painted stick and cow dung which is used in a religious burning ceremony at 04.30 in the morning.





I spend the next few hours wandering the markets and have a thali which was again really nice.





Back to the guesthouse and they too are in preparations for tomorrow it should a hell of a day so better get some sleep





Paul


Additional photos below
Photos: 67, Displayed: 23


Advertisement

Durag Niwas GuesthouseDurag Niwas Guesthouse
Durag Niwas Guesthouse

Big Shower room
Jodphur Dyno RodJodphur Dyno Rod
Jodphur Dyno Rod

QUINT - I think we are gonna need a bigger stick
Marangarh FortMarangarh Fort
Marangarh Fort

Steep road into the fort


10th March 2012
P1020511

Market!
Reminds me of the Horse Fair in Dungarvan.............all those years ago!
10th March 2012

Jodhpur
Looks like you have been treated like royalty at the Durag Niwas Guest House........the master bedroom! Your photos of the fort and the amazing views as far as the eyes can see, must be quiet breath taking, especially the blue fading gently into the distance. Can't wait for the next episode!
10th March 2012

Tallow Horse Fair
Looks lke the Talow horse fair with out the travelers ,great market sir.
10th March 2012

Tallow Horse Fair
Looks lke the Talow horse fair with out the travelers ,great market sir.
10th March 2012

Great Turban
You look great in the sheet and turban but who is the bald guy with the glasses sitting along side you ,looks shifty ha ha .
12th March 2012

India
Hi Paul, am thoroughly enjoying your daily blog. It brings back lovely memories but your trip is far superior to mine. Can't believe you visited the rat Temple - very brave. Photos are great!

Tot: 0.104s; Tpl: 0.012s; cc: 7; qc: 41; dbt: 0.0734s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.1mb