Na Ma Ste!


Advertisement
India's flag
Asia » India » Rajasthan » Jodhpur
October 5th 2011
Published: October 5th 2011
Edit Blog Post

"Worry is like a rocking horse- you keep on going but it gets you nowhere" These are the wise words of the owner of our last guest house in Udaipur and i think its very true! He said that in India people do not worry as there is no point! But, i must admit that i have had quite a few occasions to worry over the last few days! This place incredible though- organized chaos as Danny keeps saying and i am really enjoying it!

We stayed at a lovely place called Lake shore right on the lake in Udaipur on Sunday and monday night. We had a window seat right against the lake which was very pretty. Danny was happy as he could see the fish! We took a boat trip round the lake but sadly didnt manage to watch the Bond film Octopussy which is where it was filmed. Every morning we woke to the sound of women washing clothes in the lake by beating them with a cricket bat type thing. The children were all loving playing in the really dirty water. It is the romantic city apparently.

On Tuesday we woke early to get a bus to Jodhpur- the blue city. It was such a bumpy journey- should have bought a sports bra with me! Even the locals struggled- 2 Indian ladies were sick out the windows, one on my side so as you can imagine it made taking photos not very nice! At one point i thought the bus was going to get stuck in a river we drove through, but someone must have been praying to one of their hundreds of gods at that point as luckily we didnt!

Once in Jodhpur we headed to Yogi's guest house. Another cheap and cheerful room for 500 rupees a night. All pained blue of course, as are a lot of the buildings as it is said to repel insects. They have a great roof terrace which is lovely at night. The food is good too-just very slow service!

Today we went to the mehrangarh fort. They gave us really good audio guides with headphones so at least we could understand what was going on! We had lunch at a street stall with "The Omlette man". He uses 1000-1500 eggs per days- thats a lot of omlettes!! It tasted really great and was sandwiched between 3 small slices of bread. I tried to ignore all the flies that were everywhere!

Tomorrow we are heading to Pushkar on another bus. A dutch guy at the guest house has asked if we want to share a taxi there with him, but we think its too expensive! In reality it probably isnt! There are a couple of Chinese guys at the guest house that also want to go tomorrow so we will head down to the bus station with them and see what happens!

Advertisement



Tot: 0.078s; Tpl: 0.009s; cc: 7; qc: 44; dbt: 0.0525s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.1mb