DAY 6: Jodhpur, Durag Niwas Villas


Advertisement
India's flag
Asia » India » Rajasthan » Jodhpur
February 14th 2011
Published: February 15th 2011
Edit Blog Post

We decided to take our first train for this one. Trains in India are an experience altogether so best to give it a go before we embark on our 16 hour one next week. We got speaking to a German man who was also clueless as to what was going on. We worked out it was delayed an hour (we knew something was up when it was due on the platform at 11.20 and by midday it still wasn’t there). We bought ourselves a little cup of chai and a spicy vegetarian pasty thing for breakfast- 10 rupees (about 14p) and waited on the platform.

Train arrived and found our seats- bit stuffy on there but ok. German man came over to tell us that a bag had been stolen from a group of Koreans on the platform. Got to Jodhpur last night. Ate some tea then went to bed. Had a really nice rice pudding thing with raisins in. Woke up in the middle of the night to hear a little scuffling- just a mouse exploring my backpack. I woke up Laura who sat up and entertained me for a bit but she didn’t really care- put a towel down in front of the bedroom door so it wouldn’t come in again so that I would shut up!


Additional photos below
Photos: 3, Displayed: 3


Advertisement



15th February 2011

I think you handled the mouse situation quite well Jenna i would of ran for my life, hope your well and keep u the entries up. xxx

Tot: 0.1s; Tpl: 0.01s; cc: 6; qc: 45; dbt: 0.044s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 2; ; mem: 1.1mb