Rajasthan!


Advertisement
India's flag
Asia » India » Rajasthan » Jodhpur
October 7th 2009
Published: October 7th 2009
Edit Blog Post

Sorry for the lack of updates recently! We have been disposed in the Thar Desert since the last time we wrote. From Agra, we took a train to Jaipur (The Pink City) in the state of Rajasthan! That city was really incredible, we hiked the huge mountain up to the humungous onlooking fort in Jaipur. It was a great experience and we could see the entire city. After Jaipur and its amazing bazaars and hill forts, we took another train to Jodphur which is the 'Blue city' This cities buildings are painted a beautiful blue hue and from the castle on the hill we could see the entire city! IT was really breathtaking. In Jodhpur we found a local camel jockey who hosts camel safaris into the Thar Desert! We were both excited to head out to the desert so we quickly accepted his offer and hopped on the camels and took off into the sunset! We stayed with his family in the desert and his wife cooked us a wonderful Rajasthani Thali dish with chapati and rice... We slept on top a sand dune and watched the stars and the moon all night, it was one of the most amazing things ive ever done in my life! We just got back this morning, a bit tired but so excited to be here! Today we will take a bus to a smal town called Pushkar.

We will try to update more, there is SO MANY stories to tell but it is hard to find internet and hard to find time to write. Love everyone and well see you soon! WOohoo!

Advertisement



Tot: 0.066s; Tpl: 0.009s; cc: 6; qc: 44; dbt: 0.0464s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.1mb