Passage to India Delhi Agra Varanassi Darjeeling


Advertisement
India's flag
Asia » India » Rajasthan » Jodhpur
September 6th 2005
Published: February 6th 2006
Edit Blog Post

Our flight into Delhi arrived early morning and our first 'surprise' - the cattle lounging in the bazaar near Pahar Ganj. Even though I knew I would see them it still seemed strange. The first month of our trip to India we spent travelling across Northern India. We had a couple of easy days acclimatising in Delhi, checking out the Fort, Qutab Minar and Connaught Place.

We then took a short train journey to Agra to see the Taj Mahal. While we were there Warren was hit my 'Delhi belly' and was confined to barracks. This was tough as the electricity would regularly go off and Agra without a fan is not a pleasant proposition.

Next it was Varanassi which was very wet with the Ganges too high to enjoy a boat-trip. We stayed in a very nice guest-house at Asi Ghat where Sofie did a yoga course and I recovered from my bout of food-poisoning. While in Varanassi we visited Sarnath (where Buddha gave his first talk in the Deer Park) and visited the Ghats by foot.

Finally we spent nearly two weeks in Darjeeling and Sikkim in the North-East of India. We really enjoyed it there with it's cooler climate, good food and lovely Nepali people. Sikkim was especially scenic and uncrowded - our first view of the roof of the world before heading into Nepal.




Additional photos below
Photos: 32, Displayed: 22


Advertisement

Qatab Minar 2, DelhiQatab Minar 2, Delhi
Qatab Minar 2, Delhi

Asoka Pillar, solid iron with sanskrit writing
Taj Mahal,  Agra 1Taj Mahal,  Agra 1
Taj Mahal, Agra 1

View from hotel


8th February 2006

Well done!
Hi guys that's a good start, your blog! I like it very much and will certainly refer to it for my own trip... Will ask you for some good adresses in Taj Maha and Varanasi! Here is the link to my blog, altgough writen in french... but you can still have a look at the photo albums! http://spaces.msn.com/oiseauland/ Be Happy! Sandrine (still travelling around Gujarat with Arun!)
29th October 2007

agra visit
nice collection of pics.its one of the best amazing wonder.m uploded soem of my trip snaps also http://www.mvmtravel.com/blog/index.php/category/india-travel-blog/

Tot: 0.564s; Tpl: 0.013s; cc: 15; qc: 78; dbt: 0.221s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.2mb