Honeymoon Trip with Family ??


Advertisement
India's flag
Asia » India » Rajasthan » Jodhpur
February 15th 2005
Published: December 19th 2005
Edit Blog Post

After our wedding, we traveled through India along with Alison's relatives and my parents. Below is the itinerary we used


February 14th: Bangalore/Mysore

5:40 pm: Arrive at Bangalore Airport on Jet Airways 9W 511. From Airport, proceed to Mysore by Coach. Arrive in Mysore around 10 pm after a three-hour drive. Check into the Hotel Kings Kourt, 3 Star Hotel for 3 nights with breakfast.


February 15th: Belur/Halebedu

9:00 am: Day Tour of Belur & Halebed Temples: The Hoysala Temples of Belur and Halebed were built in 12th century and best known in South India for their exquisite carvings and sculptures that adorn the walls of the temples. Every inch of these walls are sculpted to depict Hindu mythologies and Hoysala rulers’ lifestyles. The temples are three hours away from Mysore.


February 16th: Mysore

10:00 am: Day tour of Mysore, which was the seat of power of the Princely State of Mysore before Independence. Visit the Majaraja’s Palace that was built in 1912 and is designed in Indo-Saracenic style and is marked with lot of stained glass, mirrors, marble floors and carved wooden doors. The adjacent Jagan Mohan Palace has a collection of musical instruments, paintings and other memerobilia/gifts to the Maharajas.

2:00 pm: After Lunch, visit nearby temple or fort along with shopping for sandalwood handicrafts.

7:00 pm: Dinner at the Lalit Mahal Palace and retire back to the hotel.


February 17th: Kerala

5:30 am: Three hour drive from Mysore to Bangalore. Arrive at Bangalore Airport for flight 9W 3511 to Kochi, Kerala departing at 10:15 am.

11:35 am: Arrive at Kochi Airport and proceed to Kumarakom by Coach to check into the Lake Facing Cotttages at 4 Star Abad Whispering Palms Resort for two nights, includes breakfast, lunch and dinner;

1:00 pm: Lunch at the resort and spend a relaxing afternoon wandering around the banks of the Vembanadu Lake and bird watching at the nearby Bird Sanctuary. Enjoy the panoramic view of paddy fields, narrow canals and coconut lagoons. Pamper yourself to an ayurvedic massage.

7:00 pm: Dinner at the resort with some local traditional dances.

February 18th: Cochin

10:00 am: Either spend the day at the resort getting pampered or make a day trip to Kochi. The first Europeans landed in India at Kochi and it is the home to India’s oldest Church, St. Francis Church that was built in 16th century. Also, visit the Mattancherry Palace, built in 1555 by the Portuguese, and houses the Coronation Hall and side galleries with murals of Ramayan and Mahabharat. Visit the Pardesi Synagogue, which was rebuilt in 1662, that serves the small Kerala Jew community.


February 19th: Kerala Backwaters

11:00 am: Board the Lakes & Lagoon houseboats that arrive at the resort. We will spend one day/night aboard the boats and it includes lunch, dinner & breakfast. Spend the day aboard the houseboat going around small towns along the backwaters and relax imbibing the beauty of Kerala landscape.

7:00 pm: Dinner aboard the boat under the star lit sky, weather permitting!


February 20th: Udaipur, Rajasthan

9:00 am: Leave the houseboat for Kochi Airport to fly to Rajasthan thru Mumbai on Jet Airways 9W 402 - departs at 12:15 pm.

5:50 pm: Arrive on Jet Airways 9W 3405 into Udaipur. Drive from the airport to Bambora and check into Karni Fort for three nights including breakfast & one special dinner.

Karni Fort served as the strategic outpost of the Sisodia Rajput Kings in the 16th century. The Karni Fort at Bambora has witnessed many a big battle fought by the brave Rajput warriors. The historic fort has been recently restored and converted into a heritage hotel and you will be spending the next three nights here as a King or Queen!


February 21st: Udaipur

10:00 am: Day tour of Udaipur: Udaipur is the most romantic city in Rajasthan with its beautiful lakes, hills and white buildings. Visit the famous City Palace filled with balconies and towers, adjacent to the Lake. The City Palace has exquisite mirror work, carvings and paintings. Visit the stunning Crystal gallery at the Fateh Prakash Palace to see rare crystal collection including crystal chairs, sofas and tables.

1:00 pm: Eat lunch at the Lake Palace Hotel after a lake crossing in a boat.

3:30 pm: Visit Shilpgram, a crafts village on the outskirts of Udaipur, to appreciate the craftsmanship and souvenir shopping.


February 22nd: Udaipur

10:00 am: Either a day trip to Ranakpur to visit the famous Jain Temples or a horse riding trip into the nearby tribal areas to meet with people of various local tribes, and gets a close view of the dwelling and culture of these people.

7:00 pm: Evening Candle lit dinner at the Karni Fort to complete the stay in Rajasthan.


February 23rd: Agra

5:30 am: Drive to the airport to board Jet Airways 9W 373 flying to Delhi at 7:40 am.

9:45 am: Arrive in Delhi Airport on 9W 373. Drive three hours to arrive to Agra and Check into Hotel Deedar-e-Taj, a 3 star hotel for one night with breakfast included.

2:30 pm: Visit Taj Mahal, the spectacular white monument on the banks of River Yamuna. Taj Mahal was built by Emperor Shah Jahan as a mausoleum for his second wife, Mumtaz Mahal, in the 17th century. It took 22 years and 20,000 people to complete the spectacular monument on the banks of River Yamuna.


February 24th: Fatehpur Sikhri/Mathura

9:00 am: Drive from Agra to nearby Fatehpur Sikhri to see the major fort-palace complexes in North India. It was built by Emperor Akbar in 16th Century and was once the capital of the Mughal Empire. Visit the Jama Masjid through the 150 ft high doors called Buland Darwaza and Diwan-I-Khas and Diwan-I-Am courtyards in the Palace.

3:00 pm: Visit Mathura and Brindavan. Mathura is believed to be the birthplace of Krishna. Visit the Kesava Deo Temple.

7:00 pm: Arrive into Delhi and check into Hotel Marina for 2 nights, accommodation includes breakfast.


February 25th: Delhi

10:00 am: Day Tour of Delhi: Delhi is one of the oldest cities in India and was capital of various kingdoms in history including 3000 years ago as Indraprasta in Mahabharat Epic. Morning tour visiting Raj Ghat and Shanti Vana - the cremation sites of Mahatma Gandhi and Jawaharlal Nehru, Jama Masjid and Red Fort.

2:00 pm: Spend the afternoon visiting the famous Bahai Lotus Temple and Qutub Minar.

8:00 pm: Dinner at a popular restaurant in Delhi.

February 26th: Delhi

10:00 am: A relaxing day in Delhi, with time for last minute shopping.

8:00 pm: Dinner party before we leave for the airport!!


February 27th: United States

1:00 am: After a long dinner, we all drive from the Hotel to the International Airport for flight back to U.S. The Emirates Flight to Dubai leaves at 4:15 am.



Advertisement



Tot: 0.266s; Tpl: 0.024s; cc: 13; qc: 76; dbt: 0.1415s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.2mb