Old Delhi India


Advertisement
India's flag
Asia » India » Rajasthan » Jodhpur
February 18th 2008
Published: February 18th 2008
Edit Blog Post

Old Delhi India - Old Delhi is called old for a good reason, it's like another world. The narrow streets are lined with tiny shops about 10 feet wide, the streets are very very crowded with carts, street venders, people, animals, auto and cycle rickshaws and just about any vehicle that can fit. People and the animals are use to jumping and doging anything that's coming down the road. Then again at other times it the responsibility of the vehicle to avoid the people and animals, which they do! There are people yelling to one another, horns honking, venders inviting you to come see their treasures, or young men following you asking "where are you from" and try to guide you into a shop to buy something. There are also wooden delivery hand carts piled over 10 feet high with anything from boxes to wood to wheat, fabrics, to just about anything that needs to be delivered by hand because a truck can not fit down the tiny streets. People, cows, goats, puppy's and their mothers are on the streets. But it's the hectic energy of the venders, shoppers and just traffic in general that can be so exciting and overwhelming all at the same time.

Advertisement



Tot: 0.062s; Tpl: 0.017s; cc: 6; qc: 44; dbt: 0.0347s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 2; ; mem: 1.1mb