Jodhpur - more than just silly trousers


Advertisement
India's flag
Asia » India » Rajasthan » Jodhpur
January 13th 2008
Published: January 18th 2008
Edit Blog Post

On a list of things to do in India drinking chai (masala tea) would have to be number one. Well seeing as we had that licked within the first 10 minutes of being in Delhi and had 2 and 1/2 months spare we knew we needed a longer list. So it was rather fortuitous when wandering (read: lost) through the backstreets of Rajasthan's Blue City that we turned down a back alley which opened out into a courtyard (read: hopelessly lost). Now we could be sure that this was not on the tourist trail because the second we turned the corner an army of 2 foot Indians engulfed us like a wave. Thankfully they turned out to be perhaps the most genuine people we had met thus far and only wanted us to be their friends. Once pleasentries had been exchanged (the only word they knew was 'Hello') on came number two on the list - Courtyard Cricket.

I can only say that i performed abmirably belting a beautiful cover drive for 2 and striking what would almost certainly have been a six had it not been for the electicity wires and the lightness of the ball. On the other side of the field i performed even better taking two wickets with my first 3 balls (one lbw that the spectators were ruthless in dismissing).

All I can say further on the subject is that if Scotland challenge the India under 8's we've got a pretty good shot.

Oh plus we visted loads of stuff in Jodhpur. More on carpets later

Advertisement



Tot: 0.194s; Tpl: 0.011s; cc: 9; qc: 61; dbt: 0.0876s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.1mb