Delhi


Advertisement
India's flag
Asia » India » Rajasthan » Jodhpur
October 7th 2007
Published: October 11th 2007
Edit Blog Post

Arrived after 14 hours into delhi after much expected delays. Wasnt looking forward to Delhi as every person we met and knew who had been there has this funny look of foreboding on their face. But we really pleasantly suprised and thought it was lovely all in all. Headed to Paranj which looked like the Khao San Road(TOUTS!!!!) of India and got a decent room.

Got there on the saturday so said we had to get out and get drunk in 1 good place while in India(its usually just making the best of it in an empty restaurant). Headed to the blues bar which was recommended in the guide book. This place was cool and the played good music and had some nice people aswell. This was a place for the really upper class status seekers(and id say they werent impressed by the smelly westerners!!) as half a glass of wine was 5.50 and a botttle of beer that clearly dispalyed 35 rupees(40 cent in the shops) on the bottle was a fiver but we said screw it and get a good night out. The funniest(and sickest) thing we seen in india was the rich men jirating with eachother when dancing. It was like a 50 cent video except relace the women with men!!Think they need to look at the whole not seeing a woman before marraige thing, it was like a niteclub in a prision!!!We had a great nite and headed home pissed.

The next day we said we would just go for a walk around the city and take it easy so we headed down to the goverment buildings while picking up a beautiful Subway along the way(the things you miss!!). The whole area was really modern and built up and they park was full with hundreds of families and cricketers. Took a stroll to the presidents palace and defence ministry which had a really british feel to it.

After that we just chilled out for the night as we had a flight the next day to the mordor of all Indian cities - Calcutta!!!! Pity we didnt get to stay a week or so in Delhi though as would have loved to travel around it for a while.


Additional photos below
Photos: 8, Displayed: 8


Advertisement



11th October 2007

Hey. How come you didn't stay in delhi? Are you doing a fixed tour of india....did you prebook bus and rail tickets or something? I'm just curious.
12th October 2007

Howdy
hey h, Didnt stay cos we booked our flight to Thaliand before we left Ireland. We had planned to go to nepal but time caught up with us. Any craic from home??? I got tickets to the kings of leon in Sydney in January, cant bleeding wait!!
18th October 2007

Hey man, no craic here really. nice weather, which is weird. Graham is helping me with my shed on Saturday...thats my news. I'm writing that cause I know he'll be reading this and it'll put more pressure on the man to turn up. He's so reliable :-) Seriously though nothing new. Good news about kings of leon, I'm looking forward myself. I'd much rather see em in the RDS though....sydney..pah! Talk soon. Andy

Tot: 0.226s; Tpl: 0.012s; cc: 11; qc: 67; dbt: 0.162s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.2mb