Jodhpur


Advertisement
India's flag
Asia » India » Rajasthan » Jodhpur
May 15th 2007
Published: May 15th 2007
Edit Blog Post

Coach to JodhpurCoach to JodhpurCoach to Jodhpur

Eight hours of sheer, sweaty, toilet-less hell !
Our depatures are getting later which is nice - got a rickshaw to the bus station for 7:00. Started to panic a little when the rickshaw man clearly didn't know the way. It was scheduled to leave at 7:30 but we didn't set off until 8:15 anyway. This was meant to be a deluxe coach, albiet with no aircon. It seemed ok for the first couple of hours, but towards the end of the 7.5 hour marathon the novelty was beginning to wear off!

Eventually arrived in Jodhpur at 15:40, and headed straight to the Devi Bhawan Hotel. A nice hotel with a swimming pool, approx 3km from the centre.
We then made our way to the Mehrangarh Fort. Once inside, we took the audio tour, and slowly proceeded to the top. This afforded us some terrific views of the 'Blue City'. We were now sweating at an alarming rate, so we headed back down to the Clock Tower, in the centre of the Old city. This was a very busy market area, selling spices and fabrics etc... Went to a Hindu temple, then purchased some saffron, and then headed back to the hotel for a swim and some booze.


Additional photos below
Photos: 4, Displayed: 4


Advertisement

Blue CityBlue City
Blue City

A view of Jodhpur from Mehrangarh Fort.
Purchasing spicesPurchasing spices
Purchasing spices

Haggling for saffron in Jodhpur market area.
Devi Bhawan poolDevi Bhawan pool
Devi Bhawan pool

A semi-naked beak with his favourite Indian refreshment!


Tot: 0.062s; Tpl: 0.01s; cc: 10; qc: 45; dbt: 0.0417s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.1mb