camel safari


Advertisement
India's flag
Asia » India » Rajasthan » Jaisalmer
October 3rd 2002
Published: October 3rd 2002
Edit Blog Post

Up early (ish!)as had to go and sort train ticket out- we did not realise that half of the indian army had the same idea......... well at least 100!! What a nightmare- gave up in the end and asked our hotel to sort - which they did in less than 3 hours (baksheesh works wonders!!)
Picked up our photos- very good and had lunch in the refreshing point (just for a change!!) Set off at 15:00 via a jeep and a bloke (machundra) . First stop was Bada Bagh- royal burial place and econdly to a jain temple at amar sagar.
We then went on to Khuri to get our transport for the next hour- camels!!It was really not too bad although mine was a bit flighty!! watched sunset over the khuri dunes with a couple of beers!!( nothing is ever forgotton in India!!) The sunset was beautiful and there were only 4 of us there.. We then had an evening meal cooked by Machundra- very yummy- veg curry, veg rice, chapatis and crisps(!!) banana, oranges and a cool beer! Slept on some blankets underneath the stars for the night- joined by a dog for the night which howled at 01:00 hours!! saw 3 shooting stars- amazing . Camels made a racket and dung beetles bloody huge- actually managed to sleep for 4 and a half hours, which was not too bad!
4.10.02
woken at 06:00 by the men making our brekkie- toast, eggs, fruit and a cup of chai. Fed a local dog with some of it . Packed up and went via a jeep back to Jaisalmer. Stopped off at Khuri on the way and had a "tour" of the village- lots of cows, goats and children wanting "1 pen.... 2 rupees". Got back to our hotel at 09:00 and slept for a few hours. To little tibet for an omelette and salad! Emailed people and collected photos- very good (monkey tastic!) Wrote some postcards and had a beer on the rooftop. We were supposed to be going for an itallian but went to refreshment point as power had gone off and that is opposite our hotel. Had very good curry and beer by torchlight and then went back to hotel for another beer( shit 3 beers in one night!!)


Additional photos below
Photos: 12, Displayed: 12


Advertisement

even in the middle of a desert , you can get beer!!even in the middle of a desert , you can get beer!!
even in the middle of a desert , you can get beer!!

we could not believe that when we got to the dunes, beer was available!
bada baghbada bagh
bada bagh

royal burial place


Tot: 0.068s; Tpl: 0.009s; cc: 11; qc: 27; dbt: 0.0227s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.1mb