Camel safari


Advertisement
India's flag
Asia » India » Rajasthan » Jaisalmer
February 11th 2008
Published: February 13th 2008
Edit Blog Post

Before leaving Jodhpur we went to a fort called Menerangh ovelooking Jodphur. This was great and the guided audio tour was extensive and interesting. We left jodhpur to head to a place called Khuri for a camel safari. After a mammoth journey down a single lane road we arrived i this little villag and hopped straight onto three camels to trek into the desert and spend the night. This proved to be one of the best nights so far. A slightly uncomfortable trek brought us to a bank of sand dunes where we set up camp and had the guides cook a fantastic meal for us from scratch. That night we slept under the clearest sky and watchd the stars. Sunrise the next morning proved to be well worth waking up for and after a hot breakfast we hopped back on the camels for the trek back to khuri. The food was amazing and consisted of a spicy Dal, fresh chapati, alu gobhi and rice, all cooked over a fire...brilliant!

Mark managed his first desert toilet experience and was highly happy with the outcome!! Dale and I chose to Wait!

Th next step of our journey was a short run to jaisalmer and checking into a hotel and then just checking out the local bazaar and getting to know the area! Dinner was at a restaurant called The Saffron with entertainment provided by a group of kids with assorted instruments!

Advertisement



Tot: 0.123s; Tpl: 0.009s; cc: 8; qc: 41; dbt: 0.0791s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.1mb