Time to check elephant riding off my life list!


Advertisement
India's flag
Asia » India » Rajasthan » Jaipur
May 22nd 2013
Published: May 22nd 2013
Edit Blog Post

The title says it all, we rode a top a majestic steed, a king among elephants today. Pinky was no ordinary elephant, he was a friend, a confidante a protector....among other things. His name was Pink and he changed my life today. We rode Him to the Amber Palace and Fort. We the explored the labrynth of a palace which looks across to a massive wall, second in size only to the Great Wall of China. And then we saw monkeys! I could watch those things for hours.



The Hawa Mahal. Or palace of the winds is really nothing more than a facade as we were urged not to go inside and dabble with the local mafia. historically it was used by women who weren't allowed to leave their houses. The holes in the wall could be used to look a upon daily life. This part of the country provides you with more of an Islamic feel, with towers yelling the call to prayer and arabic greetings.



Then on to the City Palaces and back to the hotel to relax during the heat of the day.



The auto correct function on this iPad makes me sound like a real dipshit, stick with me peeps.


Additional photos below
Photos: 7, Displayed: 7


Advertisement



22nd May 2013
image

Awesome!
Amber - You riding a camel, playing with monkeys, and petting snakes.....quite the contrast to me sitting at work and looking at a computer all day!! I envy you! Enjoy the ride!!
23rd May 2013

Cool!
Amazing pictures! I wish I could be there too! Would love to see the Taj Mahal!
23rd May 2013

It's been fun!
There's always time for adventures in the future, so no worries!

Tot: 0.108s; Tpl: 0.011s; cc: 12; qc: 27; dbt: 0.0657s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.1mb