first sleeper train experience!


Advertisement
India's flag
Asia » India » Rajasthan » Jaipur
October 6th 2002
Published: October 6th 2002
Edit Blog Post

spent the morning wasting timeas had to check out at 09:00- emailed a few people and went on lonely planet site. Had lunch at usual!!( refreshing point!) bought snacks for the journey. Rang parents- top to speak to them; Rs 300 for approx 9 minutes.
To train station for 14:45- took bloody ages to find our carriage.... and when we did , it wasn't long before we heard "problems.... no carriage.... get off!!" Spoke to staion master who told us to "sit anywhere"; sat next to a swiss lad, the carriage was full of soldiers. Eventually the conductor arrived "you must change to another carriage!!" 2 hours later when the train eventually stopped we got off ( nightmare stairs to negotiate to get off the train; Bri nearly decked it) We were led into a carriage with families- no stops until Jodhpur, which was 6 hours later!!! bought loads of fluids. We had paid for air con seat, and were now in a sleeper compartment with fans (for some reason we assumed that we had been upgraded and were very pleased!!) A young indian lad joined us on our 3 tier sleepers- he was going for a job interview- chatted to him for a while. The soldiers kept waving all through the night at us!! The conductor came on again in the middle of the night and told us that we were still in the wrong place! and entitled to a refund as we should have had aircon!!! I thought we were in a far better place as at least we could lie down(can't say I had any sleep though!!)
arrived in jaipur at 05:30 and went straight to the hotel pink palace


Advertisement



Tot: 0.063s; Tpl: 0.008s; cc: 6; qc: 45; dbt: 0.0451s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.1mb