3 nights in jaipur and other trips to rajasthan


Advertisement
India's flag
Asia » India » Rajasthan » Jaipur
December 17th 2010
Published: December 17th 2010
Edit Blog Post

the drive from delhi to jaipur will take you pass neemrana and several sights and sounds of rajasthan. it was interesting to find the colours of rajasthan in turbans, ghaghra cholis as soon as we left gurgaon and entered rajasthan. women by the way were walking barefeet on the highway in what was scorching weather.

once we checked into the hotel, we planned our next few days. we drove around the next morning finding our own way about with a bit of directions from locals. right next to our hotel was khasa khoti where my parents had stayed many years ago. we went to the hawa mahal first and gazed out at the busy chowk from its latticed windows. next we visited the city palace, saw some exquisite artefacts and also visited maharani gayatri devi shop although we didnt buy anything there. some folk music and a really nice environment at the palace cafe perked us up. we did go to jantar mahal but it was just too hot to be traipsing around and that was pretty much it.

the next morning we drove to amber fort but you know what apparently we didnt get there at all. later we found that out. an evening drive to chowkhi dhani and sampling the local cuisine in the company of friends was the perfect ending to three nights in jaipur.

the hunt for blue pottery took us to some souvenior shops, we also bought some block printed table linen and an interesting photograph. the hotel had some silver shops with the filigree work done on them and silk bedcovers, all very nice buys.

years ago in the early seventies while we used to live in Delhi mum dad and me had gone to Jaipur, me a very cranky toddler had warmed up to the sights of a peacock. we had stayed at khasa koti and there isn't anything else to write about the trip.

Advertisement



Tot: 0.062s; Tpl: 0.009s; cc: 10; qc: 23; dbt: 0.0415s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1mb