one night at the Pataudi Palace


Advertisement
India's flag
Asia » India » Haryana
December 17th 2010
Published: December 17th 2010
Edit Blog Post

once again a short drive from delhi will take you to the heart of the kingdom that once belonged to the cricket playing nawabs of pataudi. an elegant palace and the grounds around it takes you back in time. we were staying at sher mahal and it was one of the largest rooms ive ever seen. it had a childrens room, a huge balcony and an enormous bathroom.

it was june and it was humid and one had to spend the day indoors cooling oneself off. a walk around the gardens amidst roses, peacocks, camels and a mausoleum is all very interesting. we even saw the current residence of the royal family.

being part of the neemrana group all meals are usually part of the package and theres an air of elegance and quality about the service. there is a huge dining hall where the dinner was served while lunch and breakfast was in the smaller dining room. the corridors had many photographs of the members of the family. the earlier begum was from bhopal and her portrait stood in our room. the current begum was a leading bengali actress and her wedding photographs were on the walls everywhere.

we did take many photographs of the palace from everywhere and ended our vacation playing pool at the nawabs pool table

Advertisement



Tot: 0.084s; Tpl: 0.011s; cc: 11; qc: 49; dbt: 0.0517s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.1mb