Bollywood or bust


Advertisement
India's flag
Asia » India » Rajasthan » Jaipur
February 11th 2007
Published: February 11th 2007
Edit Blog Post

Hi folks, well having headed out to the Ajanta caves near Arangabad we had a lovely night travelling on the sleeper bus back to Bombay (a little panicky moment occured when, in transit, we noticed that the hotel had 'forgotten' to give us our camera bag back from storage and Linz had to get a last minute Autorickshaw over town to pick it up).
Anywho we arrived in Bombay and headed over to the airport for our flight to Jaipur.
Happily Rajastan is much more mellow than either Maharastra or even Goa so we landed to some unexpected relaxation (as much as India affords anyway) and some decidedly British weather (well not what you guys are getting at the moment quite but cold for here!).
Jaipur is a strange place where you're as likely to see camels, cows and elephants on the roads as cars.
Last night there was a huge wedding parade outside our hotel (complete with the above mentioned camels and elephants..... Linz was very, very excited and even managed to get on the happy couple's wedding video (exotic animals weren't quite as much an attraction as a white person to the camera man!))
Today we took an autorickshaw around the sights (the Amber fort being easily the most impressive) and booked yet another sleeper bus ticket for tonight to Agra (and the highlight of our Indian escapade).

Well thats all for now folks, next time The Taj!

Bri and Linz


Advertisement



Tot: 0.061s; Tpl: 0.01s; cc: 13; qc: 28; dbt: 0.0212s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1mb