Still in Bikaner


Advertisement
India's flag
Asia » India » Rajasthan » Bikaner
May 18th 2007
Published: May 18th 2007
Edit Blog Post

Breakfast in the desertBreakfast in the desertBreakfast in the desert

A welcome breakfast at sunrise,following a slightly eerie nights sleep in the desert.
Woke up early today. Seeing as we were in the desert, it was round about sunrise you could say. It was a strange nights 'sleep'. Darren got up for a wee at one point but got scared of a big white object. After running back to the saftey of a blow up pillow it was then he realised that in his glassless state it was in fact the tent they had put up for us that he'd been frightened of and it wasn't moving.

Had some toast and jam and then set of towards another village on the camels. The novelty was wearing off as was the skin on Darren's left calf - their fur is not so much soft and cuddly more like sandpaper and nails...

Got what seemed to be the most crowded bus in the world back to Bikaner. Feeling tired, hot and dirty didn't help the situation. Had a much needed shower when we got back and then went to see the Bhandeshwar temple with 40000kg of ghee in the foundations, some Havelis (posh houses) and then the Junagarh fort. Rather 'conveniently' our camel man also doubles as rickshaw driver and city tour guide so
Junagarh FortJunagarh FortJunagarh Fort

A shot from inside the fort. There is a nice restaurant opposite the entrance to the fort called Gallops. Here you can get a nice curry and plenty of cold Kingfisher......
we had the continued pleasure of his company...

Off to Delhi tonight on an overnight train. It leaves here at 19:40 and arrives about 12 hours later. Should be fun...

And Leighton's beak is fine...



Advertisement



20th May 2007

Hello Again Beak Bummers........
Glad to see that you ae still bungling on through india. Is the camel ok bondy? .......I bet that camel was thinking that things could not get any worse in its life ............and then it sees the great beaky hairy beast of swindonian appear on the horizon to come and plonk its sweaty hairy ar$e on its back for a couple of days.............

Tot: 0.038s; Tpl: 0.01s; cc: 7; qc: 24; dbt: 0.0201s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1mb