Amristar


Advertisement
India's flag
Asia » India » Punjab » Amritsar
October 14th 2005
Published: March 6th 2006
Edit Blog Post

Hi,

After leaving Lee (the Taiwan woman) in McLeod, we continued with the holy mission of adopting a single non-Israeli backpacker. On the bus to Amrtiser, we have gathered with Traver. Comparing to our diffculties to communicate Lee (she knew very little English), our commuinication with Traver was much more fluent. Well, he is from the USA and he does know some English. It is very unique to find an American backpacker, they hardly travel. He is a really nice guy, and of course, since he travels, not a typical American. I found his appearnce resembles to a Greek god statue. Eventually, I told him that and he said that people say to him that he reminds Gene Wilder and this is also true.
The golden temple in Amritser is beutiful. Many pilgrims visit this holy place, pray and worship.
In the temple, free meals are served to the thousands of people visiting the temple every day. A very interesting place to visit was the kitchen where people prapare the huge amount of chapati and dal. Very big bowls for dal, many people praparing the chapati and also a chapati machine.
On the afternoon we went to watch the 'closing the border' (Pakistan border) ceremony. Both Pakistan Indian sides are doing ceremony , scheduled together for closing the border at the aftrenoon. Many many people on the Indian side and very few on the Pakistan side. The soldiers are marching, people are cheering their side, a very funny event.
After that, we cought the 21.00 train to Haridwar and from there to Rishikesh. We have arrived Rishikesh today noon. We shall stay a few days and after that, probably will go to few days to Badrinath, a small village north-east which is one of the Ganga's sources.

Bye, Sharon


Additional photos below
Photos: 14, Displayed: 14


Advertisement



15th October 2005

Hi from T.A
your massage + photos made me want to be there again. isn't India amasing? it is fun reading your massages, please continue to share and enjoy. it's nice you meet all kind of people and shurely they are lukcy to find you. a lot of hugs and kisses, your 2nd degree cosin.

Tot: 0.166s; Tpl: 0.012s; cc: 18; qc: 91; dbt: 0.121s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.2mb