Last day in Delhi


Advertisement
India's flag
Asia » India » National Capital Territory
April 28th 2018
Published: April 28th 2018
Edit Blog Post

Awake early, got picked up at 5am to go on cycle ride around old Delhi. WOW! SCAREY! Being in the middle of all that madness! The guide told us just to keep going and that’s what we did, praying while we peddled oh and the odd swear word under my breath!! We rode to the largest mosque and fort that we had seen earlier on in the week but then we went into the back streets, we watched a bakery prepare the bread, enough to put you eating off for life! (But it won’t! )We then went to the spice market where the spices were so strong we were all coughing and spluttering, he pointed out various other things of interest but the best thing was the ride itself I mean it’s not everyday you have to swerve around a goat is it?? We then went for breakfast & what a feast it was, couldn’t remember half the names so luckily I had taken pictures, it certainly wasn’t egg & bacon. Back at the hotel we spent a couple of hours chilling around the pool before strolling around the local market, taxi picked us up at 6 for not so exciting journey home. Highlights of week have to be, obviously The Taj. Followed closely by our stay at ‘Beamish’ and visit to local village, school & Krishna temple and a brilliant finish with the bike ride, not bad for a week.


Additional photos below
Photos: 7, Displayed: 7


Advertisement



Tot: 0.094s; Tpl: 0.01s; cc: 15; qc: 29; dbt: 0.0435s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.1mb