Best Season For a Trip to Kashmir: All Through the Year!


Advertisement
India's flag
Asia » India » National Capital Territory » New Delhi
August 2nd 2017
Published: August 2nd 2017
Edit Blog Post

Kashmir is often described as heaven on earth, and a lovers’ paradise. Couples and tourists from all over the world flock to India’s iconic hilly destinations. None more so than Kashmir: a number of visitors spend time here with family and close ones. High on most Indian must-visit lists, Kashmir is definitely a winter retreat you shouldn’t miss.

Here are some of the top places to visit when you are on your honeymoon in Kashmir.

Srinagar:

Don’t think about eliminating Srinagar from your Kashmir trip!

If you’re planning on hopping from one Kashmiri town to another, consider Srinagar your home base. You can come back at the end of the day, and spend cozy nights together with loved ones. Srinagar is a great place to spend romantic evenings, what with its Shikara and candlelight dinners.

It can give you a taste of authentic Kashmiri food. Don’t miss the special herbal tea called Kahwa, which is significantly different from other places of the country.

Gulmarg:

Always dreamt of going for a Bollywood-style skiing trip? Then visit Gulmarg, where you can choose to sledge and slide through the snow.

Gondola is an attractive place in Gulmarg, which regularly attracts travellers from around the world. It is important to wear heavy winter garments; shielding yourself from the all-embracing coldness is crucial with such cold temperatures.

The best season to visit Kashmir is summer. The temperature often falls below freezing point from December through March.

Jammu:

If paying homage to Mata Vaishno Devi is on your list, make Jammu your base point. You will have to travel to Katra, and trek along 11 kilometers, and then return to your base point. It would be absolutely amazing to start off your journey together by visiting this popular religious hotspot.

Sonmarg:

If you are looking to catch up with popular Bollywood film shooting spots, then Sonmarg is the right destination for you. The glaciers and panorama of scenic grandeur have often been captured in Indian films. The temperature here mostly remains below the freezing point. Subsequently, you’ll need to pack your winter essentials diligently. The amazing vegetation along the roadways is especially picturesque, and remains in your memory long after you’ve left.

When to Visit:

These places are often the ones people want to know about Kashmir. If you’re willing to find the best season to visit Kashmir, you will first have to decide what your experience to be like. Decide (for instance) if you want to spend a snowy honeymoon, or a pleasant (albeit less extreme) one.

If you want a snow-drenched honeymoon, you should apply for loan to visit Kashmir around mid-February to March. April to June are reserved for those couples looking to have a pleasant honeymoon. December and January would give you all the grandeur and elegance added to heavy snowfall, blocked roads, avalanche and extremely cold temperature.

Budget No Bar: Get a Travel Loan

It is obvious that you have been thrilled by reading this, get your travel loan approved today and start packing for Kashmir. Simply apply a Personal Loan for Travel with a reputed lender, and you can be on your way in a matter of days!

Advertisement



Tot: 0.211s; Tpl: 0.014s; cc: 6; qc: 43; dbt: 0.0741s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.1mb