India: New Delhi


Advertisement
India's flag
Asia » India » National Capital Territory » New Delhi
August 23rd 2012
Published: April 1st 2013
Edit Blog Post

New Delhi



We stopped one night in New Delhi after a 32 hour train journey from Goa and before a 15 hour bus journey to our next destination: Manali - Himachal Pradesh.

We did take a quick wander around Delhi during the day & to say the least we hated the noisy dirty grim city with a deep passion...

We booking a train using the government website and Cleartrip which was relatively easy. We advice to use 2AC class as it will allow you to have a bed in a 4 compartments. Curtains blocked the others to spy on you and food/drink service operate on the train. Guys pass through the carriage every...5 min to sell cheese sandwich, samosa,tomato soup, crisps and cookies, tea, water, coffee.

(It is nice to know people are concerned about your state of thirst or hunger... but hearing "cheese sandwich, samosa,tomato soup, crisps and cookies, tea, water, coffee...." Repeated constantly for 32 hours is a bit too much...

In other trains journey, Breakfast, Lunch and Diner is provided on schedule and prepare on the train. They will take your order earlier during the day. Usual Tali (a mixed plate of curry, rice pickle & naan bread) and soups are served....

It was by far the longest train journey we had made but overall it passed quite quickly (Thankfully!!)

Advertisement



Tot: 0.044s; Tpl: 0.007s; cc: 9; qc: 23; dbt: 0.0227s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1mb