in the thick of it!


Advertisement
India's flag
Asia » India » National Capital Territory » New Delhi
March 2nd 2006
Published: March 2nd 2006
Edit Blog Post

Ok....so to sum it up....you kinda love it and hate it!

Arrived at 1.00am to the eerie quietness of pahar ganj. could see every piece of crap the street had to offer...it is definately a place to see in the day...a colourful bazaar...but it still it's nothing like anything I've seen before on my travels.

kind of in two minds at the minute need to spend another day....getting wise to the touts and avoiding the time wasters, come look at my travel company. still it's all part of the fun.

Visited humayun's tomb, nizam-ud-dins shrine, safdarjangs tomb, lodi gardens, india gate and the presidents building...well drove by it. May be write more about them another time.

not quite got temple fatigue just yet...may be one more day!!

tomorrows is a bit of sort my stuff out and visit old delhi, to the red fort connaught place a few more temples and maybe chill in the afternoon at the lotus temple.

had a few close scrapes in the autorickshaw....they are nutters on the road...but they're no madder than thai tuk tuk drivers....have manged to avoid the shop visits with tme so far...and managing to drive a
Humayan's TombHumayan's TombHumayan's Tomb

Made from one piece of stone!
hard bargain...well I like to think so....but I doubt it!

Will start adding photos when I get to grips with the technology!


Additional photos below
Photos: 5, Displayed: 5


Advertisement



3rd March 2006

Hi
Sounds like you're getting back into the swing of the travelling 'thing' pretty quickly - not got too used to your creature comforts over the past fews years then?? Got the Delhi belly yet?
3rd March 2006

Nah mate
not yet...and oh yes it's very easy settling back into travelling! Definately getting into it!
11th March 2006

hey bubbalicious
Bubbalicius!!! nice one mate....that made me laugh! Things good..will update blog with loads v soon.

Tot: 0.105s; Tpl: 0.011s; cc: 6; qc: 45; dbt: 0.0495s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.1mb