Delhi Belly


Advertisement
India's flag
Asia » India » National Capital Territory » New Delhi
March 14th 2007
Published: January 3rd 2009
Edit Blog Post

After Jaisalmer (laden with new rugs and tourist trinkets) we arrived in Delhi. Although we had another four or so days left in India, in many ways we felt like we had come to the end of our year of travelling. Perhaps because we felt so disheveled after the long train ride, our bags were heavier and we were just so knackered (and were still suffering from, what we later found out to be, giardia).

It didn't take us long to convince ourselves that we couldn't be bothered to stay in the travellers magnet of Pahar Ganj which attracts all manner of low life and shisters trying to sell tat to travellers. We opted for Connaught Place, the fairly bland centre of Delhi that has a McDonalds, a Pizza Hut, a Chinese restaurant - anything but curry. We were in heaven after two months of curry eating, and some dubious accommodation. Normally we wouldn't be too proud to be filling up on junk/Western food, but we're sorry to say we lapped it up..and although we occassionally left the hotel room, I wanted to finish my book and Tommy was busy watching the Cricket World Cup.

Still, we of course left the room for a Rickshaw tour around the city, a walk in the parks and for our final day trip to Agra...



Additional photos below
Photos: 15, Displayed: 15


Advertisement

So Many Shoes...So Many Shoes...
So Many Shoes...

This would be what the inside of Laura's wardrobe would look like if she had infinite dollar...
The Colourful Pahar GanjThe Colourful Pahar Ganj
The Colourful Pahar Ganj

Didn't make the grade...
Connaught PlaceConnaught Place
Connaught Place

Our home in Delhi
Goodbye DelhiGoodbye Delhi
Goodbye Delhi

Homeward bound...


Tot: 0.149s; Tpl: 0.048s; cc: 7; qc: 28; dbt: 0.0933s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1mb