End of day one/ DAy two in Delhi


Advertisement
India's flag
Asia » India » National Capital Territory » New Delhi » Dwarka
July 5th 2011
Published: July 5th 2011
Edit Blog Post

Coming to the end of my first day in India. Since the last post i have managed to go on a hunt for food (failed to find the place i was looking for), given up finding food, gone to the station to buy a ticket to Rishikesh ( took a while to find the place but i didn't run into a single tout or scammer telling me it was closed/moved/burned down). It was the nicest room in Delhi so far, ice cold air conditioning and a big sign telling people to clear off once they have got their ticket, i'm willing to bet that the room would have been jam packed with people if the rule were not enforced. Then i decided to hunt for food again.

This time whilst looking for a place to eat i ran into two women looking for the same place, we ended up finding the place and we all ate together, they were a couple of 30-something teachers from Italy and Switzerland who were heading for Rajastan. I had my first curry in India, butter chicken (i was planning on eating mostly veggi food while i was here but the place looked ok despite being 2/3's building site) and i got mango lassi and chai, all in all a great meal.

Right now im back in my room, its only 9pm but it gets dark at 7 and i need sleep. Lucky enough to have a decent shower in my room (much better than a pipe sticking out the wall and miles better than a bucket, although i was given one of those too). So now im going to pass out, bound for Rishikesh tomorrow

..................................................................................................

Day 2

Fell asleep almost straight away last night and woak up feeling hot but refreshed, which was unfortunate as it was 12am, i had slept for about 3 hours, i decided to go down to the desk and get some water and went back to bed, got up again a few hours later and this repeated itself 2 or 3 times more through the night, at one point i was woken up by dogs barking, but they quickly stopped.

I got up and checked out of my hotel, found some food and was looking for a place to use the internet when i ran into a tout offering holidays, i decided to go with it (i was in no rush and i trust in my ability to say no when it comes to buying things i don't want or need). He seemed nice, apparently the owner of the placer is the grandson of the man who owns the houseboats in Kashmir that Michael Palin went on in his series Himalaya. We talked for a while, but i said no and after 10 minutes we had a round of handshakes and i left. He also warned me about something that happened in Leh (my final destination) before i left, but i took it to be a method to convince me to take his 'safe' trip to Kashmir) i looked online but there has been no news since january.

My train for Richikesh leaves in about an hour so i'm gonna head to the station now. Ill try and find a internet cafe tomorrow in Richikesh.

Advertisement



9th July 2011

Ni
Hey James, Hows it going? Where are u now? We are on the wAy back from Stonehenge and Winchester. Had a lovely day with the Balls and Colin and Tracy and the Americans. Going to party with the Tonight. Lots of love. Xxxxx

Tot: 0.11s; Tpl: 0.009s; cc: 10; qc: 51; dbt: 0.0802s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.1mb