Top 5 Attractions of Delhi City Tour


Advertisement
India's flag
Asia » India » National Capital Territory » Delhi
November 8th 2016
Published: November 8th 2016
Edit Blog Post

Delhi, the national capital city of India, is a historical city famous for its prehistoric to contemporary architectural wonders, wonderful lifestyle and as commercial, political and educational hub of the country. North India tour packages are counted as incomplete without exploring Delhi. There are various attractions in the city to see, some of them are the following.

Red Fort - Delhi's Most Famous Monument
Standing as the powerful reminder of the Mughal emperors, Red Fort, just opposite to Chandni Chowk, is the most famous monument in the capital city of India built in the year of 1638 to keep out invaders. It has a great significance in India as grand celebrations of 15th August and 26th of January are organized here. It is in Old Delhi - that was the center of commercial activities in Northern part of India.

Qutub-Minar - One of the Ancient Minarets
Being a UNESCO World Heritage Site, Qutub-Minar is one of beautiful historical sites in Delhi. This 73 meter all brick minaret is the second highest minaret after Fateh Burj at Punjab. It is early indo-Islamic architecture built in 1206. However, there is no specific reason behind its construction. Some believe that it was made to signify the victory and the beginning of Muslim rule in India. Others believe that it was used to call the faithful to prayer. The beautiful ancient site is a must see and standing in the list of top 5 attractions in Delhi City tour that you will explore during your North India tour packages too.

Humayun's Tomb - Looks a Bit Like Taj Mahal
Very close to Holy Mosque or Dargah of Nizamuddin in East side of New Delhi, Humayun's Tomb was built in 1570 to house the body of second Mughal Emperor Humayun. According to archeological department, it was the first of this type of Mughal Architecture to be built in India. Tomb is amid the beautiful large gardens making it a must see destination during your holidays and tour to Delhi.

Jama Masjid - Another Marvelous Treasure of the Old City
When it comes to explore the marvelous treasure of Old City, you cannot miss the chance to explore Jama Masjid that has a large courtyard to hold an incredible 25,000 devotees in one time. It was completed in 1650 that took 13 years to complete. There are some rituals to follow; while entering the Mosque. It is opposite Chandni-Chowk the famous market of Delhi. You can reach here on foot from Red Fort.

Swami Narayanan Temple or Akshardham Temple - the Contemporary Attraction
Being wonderful and contemporary attractions on outskirts of Delhi, the massive temple Akshardham was built by BAPS Swaminarayan Sanstha. It is a must see temple where you will be surprised be see its architecture.

There are various other attractions like India Gate, Zoo, Chandni Chowk, Nizamuddin Dargah, Lotus Temple, Kalka Ji Temple, and Doll's Museum that have their charisma. Your India tour packages that cover Delhi will be wonderful options to let you reach there.

Advertisement



Tot: 0.144s; Tpl: 0.016s; cc: 8; qc: 44; dbt: 0.072s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.1mb