Keeping busy!!!


COMING SOON HOUSE ADVERTISING ads_leader
India's flag
Asia » India » National Capital Territory » Delhi
July 10th 2012
Saved: August 5th 2012
Edit Blog Post

So time is passing by faster and faster everyday. I can't believe I have been here pretty much a month and a half already...meaning I'm just about halfway through my trip. In the past couple weeks I have spent time working, celebrating, surviving (lol), and traveling! There is never a dull moment in India. Some of the picture in this blog will be from my day to day (work and around Delhi), and some from my recent travels around India.

I was very lucky to spend my birthday at the Taj Mahal this year. It was an extremely surreal experience to spend an important day at one of the wonders of the world. A birthday I will never forget thats forsure!

I have just come back from Amaritsar, Punjab. This was a really cool experience. There is definately tourism because of the Golden Temple pilgrimage (all Sikhs should try to visit once in their lives) and the Wagah border ceremony (the ceremony of the India and Pakistani border). These were two very great experiences. Getting to Amaritsar was hell...of course we missed our train by 5 seconds (no joke, we saw it pull away)...and then things went
Team work!!Team work!!Team work!!

Some of the residents of the NGO working hard in the garden.
downhill from there....BUT! End of the story we made it there and back and saw what we went to see!! 😊

On a side note...today at the NGO, Burberry showed up at work today, yes the fashion house Burberry (if you don't know think Versace, or Calvin Klein). I was appauled to see that what they showed up with was a piece of paper (yes an individual piece) for the children, a box of 10 crayons and a McDonalds veggie burger. These kids have never had fast food in their lives...they did not enjoy it and many of them starred at this burger wondering what it was...no joke. The Burberry people even went as far as to make the foundation sign forms to forbid anyone else from taking pictures of the day and yet they had photographers everywhere. The staff did not interact with the kids except for photo opportunities...it was all for publicity and it was nausiatingly fake.

Could Burberry not have donated shoes to these barefoot children? Clothes to the half naked toddlers? Some health insurance to help insure the sick can get proper medical care when needed? A lunch they would actually of
Lunch at work!Lunch at work!Lunch at work!

Chapattis everywhere!!!
enjoyed? Perhaps donted some money towards bettering the NGO's sanitation system or paying a teacher their salary? No...and yet the women walked around happily with their $2000 purses. There are no words...as if they would of even noticed the money was spent...

Anyways!! Thats all for now!!! Take Care!!!!!


Additional photos below
Photos: 27, Displayed: 23


COMING SOON HOUSE ADVERTISING ads_leader_blog_bottom

Street food!Street food!
Street food!

This is how they cook corn on the street....8 rupees...delicious!!
mmmm....mmmm....
mmmm....

Served with salt and lemon...never tried it before but I definitely will again!
You know your in India when...You know your in India when...
You know your in India when...

There was a dog too but I couldn't take the picture in time...this is just by our hotel and on the walk to work.
I made it!!!I made it!!!
I made it!!!

It really is beautiful...but it was sooooo hot...over 45 degrees for sure, plus huminidy...trying to look pretty for the pictures wasn't easy lol...
This is where the party is at!This is where the party is at!
This is where the party is at!

Heba, Lizi and Francisco! Thank you for sharing that day with me!!!
Present!Present!
Present!

My beautiful birthday present from my wonderful friend Heba :)
Just another day at work :)Just another day at work :)
Just another day at work :)

Adorable...just amazing little people that I am so happy to have met!
A historic sun dial in DelhiA historic sun dial in Delhi
A historic sun dial in Delhi

It made for a cool picture.
Sleeping on the train.Sleeping on the train.
Sleeping on the train.

On the way to Amritsar!
Food in Maha TempleFood in Maha Temple
Food in Maha Temple

The worshippers welcomed us to sit and share in a meal with them...they were incredibly welcoming and it was a great experience to eat these tiny gulab jammins amidst the chanting and music...definitely something I won't forget!
Sitting in MahaSitting in Maha
Sitting in Maha

This was the only picture we could get...the lady was new to using a camera :) ,but it still captures a great memory!!


Comments only available on published blogs

11th July 2012

love the pictures!
I especially love the one of you beaming in front of the Taj Mahal. Just beautiful! I am so curious about your work there. What is a typical day like? What does the NGO do on daily basis? So glad to hear you are enjoying your time there!!
11th July 2012

Thank you Caroline!! Hope your summer is going well and everyone is in the best of health!!! Write me an email!!We have alot to talk about!!! I really loved the day at the Taj Mahal! was a once in a lifetime experience!! take care!!!

Tot: 0.058s; Tpl: 0.019s; cc: 7; qc: 47; dbt: 0.0306s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.1mb