First Day!!


Advertisement
India's flag
Asia » India » National Capital Territory » Delhi
November 13th 2007
Published: November 13th 2007
Edit Blog Post

Tower - DelhiTower - DelhiTower - Delhi

Qutab Minar - 73m high - the oldest landmark in Delhi
Message from Carol -
It seems a long time since we had lunch with the family on Sunday; however we have managed to get to India with a minimum of fuss.
We flew into Delhi on a very big bird; a different proposition from Ryanair; through customs etc in record time, probably because it was 2am and our driver was waiting to whisk us off to the hotel. An amazing number of staff was still busy cleaning and watering as we arrived.

Our suite in the Jaypee Vasant is rather swish with a beautiful sitting room and a vast bed in a very tasteful bedroom with lovely en suite “facilities”.

It’s now 11.30am and the temperature is 29 degrees. Ian had a dosa ( a pancake type wrap made of lentils) filled with spicy potato and chick peas with different dips and a rice cake for breakfast and I was more conventional with fried fish and eggs easy over.

We’ve been invited to a birthday party this afternoon but we don’t yet know how old the child is…..assuming that Preeti’s son (Preeti is the lady who is managing the 3 months itinerary in India for us) is
Party Time 1Party Time 1Party Time 1

Our friends in Delhi...thank you for a great evening
still a child. Quite nice do this as it was Nicholas’ birthday yesterday and it’s Ian’s on Thursday.

I’m going out onto our terrace to survey the distant traffic, sounding your horn is clearly mandatory, and to watch the young hotel staff flit around doing their daily duties.

Message from Ian -

Just got back in at 8.30pm - been to see lots of stuff - temples and towers - have a look at the pictures from this afternoon. After driving round we had a quick change and went to a children's party at the Gymkahna Club. Fascinating and met Preeti and her family and son who is 5 today as well as Tarun, his wife and son. It was as all boys parties, with them all whizzing round and finally getting all the balloons and bursting them!! I reckon that at Eskimo childrens parties the boys do the same thing with the balloons. What does that say about the world? We had an absolutely wondeful evening - not a bad first day out here!





Additional photos below
Photos: 3, Displayed: 3


Advertisement

Arjun's PartyArjun's Party
Arjun's Party

..this is the only photo we managed to get where he wasn't a blur however everyone else is..


15th November 2007

You got there!
Good to read the report, boys and balloons sounds a bit like mine in Scotland although I prefer the Indian climate, cuisine and culture! You look as if you are enjoying it look forward to your next posting. James

Tot: 0.099s; Tpl: 0.011s; cc: 7; qc: 45; dbt: 0.0775s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.1mb