Tarkarli


Advertisement
India's flag
Asia » India » Maharashtra » Tarkarli
April 18th 2008
Published: April 18th 2008
Edit Blog Post

Tarkarli—Serene beautiful,unspoilt….

I had heard of his place a long time and was dying to go there since last year but we could never get proper reservations on the train.
Anyway we did manage to go this time on the 12th of April…and it was just just divine.
We went by the Mandovi Express (From Mumbai)-which takes around 10 hours to reach, which I think is too long. Now of course there is a new train that has been introduced—The Jan Shatabdi which is at least 4 hours shorter -
We had to take an Auto rickshaw from Kudal, the station we got down, and its nearly a one and a half hour journey to Tarkarli from there amidst long narrow winding roads through some hilly terrain -not very good and picturesque villages—with a lot of temples strewn along the way..but there was no sign of the beach or sea..
But then we arrived at Tarkarli and the MTDC Resort that we stayed ..and voila! The blue blue sea was right in front.
The MTDC is sitting on prime property and all their rooms are on the beach…whoa! with a lot of fern trees all around. It is simply simply divine…
We stayed in a Konkan style Cottage which though was AC -but because of voltage fluctuations -hardly worked -but nevertheless it was cool, and the cottage clean and comfortable.
The Staff was excellent -specially a gentleman called Nahid.
Also if you are traveling by auto .., ask them to call for an Auto driver called Balu -who will serve you as an excellent tourist guide showing you all nearby places and the best places to eat, etc. MTDC does have a restaurant but if you would like to pig on food, its best you eat outside. It’s a tad too expensive.
And oooh!!! For fish lovers -it’s a divine place with divine experiences -fresh lovely catch, and so so so cheap. You can have a proper satisfying meal at 200! Shame on you -Mahesh Lunch Home!
There are some excellent hutmets turned into eating places near the MTDC Resort. You tell them what you want to eat—and they prepare it for you and serve you in clean plates -it’s absolutely “ghar ka khana” served with a lot of care. Or else go down to Malwan and enjoy your lunch there after snorkeling there. There’s a restaurant called Chaitanya in Malvan which serves excellent excellent food, especially fish and mutton and the very refreshing Sol Kadhi.
So do visit Tarkarli -if you are visiting Maharashtra -or stay in Mumbai and fed up of seeing the black sea that is more of a pond in Mumbai…I guarantee you ..you will come back refreshed…



Additional photos below
Photos: 4, Displayed: 4


Advertisement



Tot: 0.108s; Tpl: 0.043s; cc: 8; qc: 49; dbt: 0.037s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.1mb