Most likely my last entry


Advertisement
India's flag
Asia » India » Maharashtra » Mumbai
August 26th 2006
Published: August 26th 2006
Edit Blog Post

Though when I get home, I'm going to upload pictures and edit the entries so that they all have pictures too. Now won't that be nice....
We're in Mumbai now, having skipped Udaipur. I'm kinda sad that it did work out, because it would have been really cool to see the lake palace, but since the rain really didn't permit, this probably worked out for the best.
Tomorrow I leave beastly early in the morning so we spent yesterday and today walking around Colaba (the main touristy neighborhood in Mumbai) doing last minute shopping, etc. I haven't decided what to spend my last Rs400 on, but it might very well be a pirated version of some bollywood movie, just for fun. We were going to see the new Hindi version of Othello that just came out, and we might still, but timining hasn't really worked out.
Speaking of bollywood, we got asked to be bollywood extras, which is semi-common in this area of Mumbai because they sometimes need tourists to play small western roles. But the guy seemed kinda sketchy and he wanted us to show up at 5:30 this morning, so we decided to pass. He didn't even know who was directing the movie, but knew that there was a big bollywood star in it, and while it could've been fun, I'd rather not be kidnapped on my last day in India.
Before we left Jaipur, we did get to meet up with Aaka, one of Aly's roomates from college. It was really cool to see her. She's here for work as well and so timing was a little difficult, but we had dinner, and she laughed at some of our stories, but all in all it was good.
Anyway, we going to try to find Chor Bazaar one more time before leaving, though we think we may have a better idea of where it is now. Who knows. It may just be an adventure. India always is. Either that or a ready made stand-up routine.

Advertisement



Tot: 0.059s; Tpl: 0.008s; cc: 7; qc: 44; dbt: 0.0406s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.1mb