Mumbai


Advertisement
India's flag
Asia » India » Maharashtra » Mumbai
January 21st 2009
Published: January 21st 2009
Edit Blog Post

Hey Everybody!

Well weve made it to Mumbai and the lounging around on the beach/by the pool has stopped! Its certainly abit different from Goa thats for sure.

Weve done abit of sightseeing today, The dhobi ghats (open air laundrys), Ghandis home here, The old Victoria Train Station and after this were going to head off down to the Gateway to India and try and find out about a boat trip. There are so many police here post the terrorist attacks, their on every street corner and outside every tourist attraction, I suppose we should find this comforting. We went to the Leopolds Cafe last night for dinner and the bullet holes are still in the windows and walls. People seem to just pop in to take pictues of them, its seems to have become a must see spot in Mumbai.

Im finding Mumbai a little upsetting to be honest, the contrast between rich and poor is unbelievable. The cities population is officially 16 million but they say that it is possible 3-4million more are sleeping on the streets. We looked out of our hotel window this morning to find 3 people asleep in the alleyway below our window - I know I knew it was going to be like this but reading about poverty and actually having right in front of your face 24hrs a day are two very different things.

Anyway enough of that, we seem to have picked another internet place that wont allow us to upload pics so again i apologise for the lack of pictures on my blog!! hopefully next time!

Hope everybody is well!

Lots of Love

Kelxx




Advertisement



Tot: 0.094s; Tpl: 0.009s; cc: 10; qc: 48; dbt: 0.043s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.1mb