Day 1: We're off on holiday


Advertisement
India's flag
Asia » India » Maharashtra » Mumbai
April 6th 2019
Published: April 9th 2019
Edit Blog Post

Total Distance: 0 miles / 0 kmMouse: 0,0

Flying from Heathrow to Mumbai

Flying Jet Airways from terminal 3. 9.30am flight arriving at 11.00pm on the same day

Jet Airways flight to MumbaiJet Airways flight to MumbaiJet Airways flight to Mumbai

Not happy about the lack of films on the flight!
This is it. We're off!

Its an early start with a 6am pick up from home. We managed to pack everything last night and the bags are ready to go by the front door. As ever some last minute charging of phones, headphones and power packs overnight and then we are ready.

Chloe was ready to roll at wake up time, as ever, Lucas and then finally Phoebe emerged. We got to the airport in good time and had a Pret A Manger breakfast of croissants, apple juice and coffee (me) before heading over to get our treats from WH Smiths. Laden with crisps, sweets, sandwiches and drinks we headed to the gate. Olivia was a bit worried about our visa pictures but we got through the gate in the UK without any trouble.

The first problem came at takeoff when Lucas couldn't turn on his TV and, on enquiry, we found that there was no inflight entertainment...….DISASTER! Luckily everyone had downloaded enough onto their phones for it not to be a problem and the flight passed without hiccup.

On arrival, there was again, a bit of nervousness to get through the immigration checkpoint but we were
Jet Airways flight to MumbaiJet Airways flight to MumbaiJet Airways flight to Mumbai

Pretty happy to be by themselves on the flight over!
straight through so no need to have worried, but at least it gave piece of mind....

Taxi collection was a bit of a nightmare from MERU cars, we waited for about half an hour for a trip that would take 7 minutes but it eventually arrived and we headed to our hotel for the night. All of us tired and in a total haze, but we got there and checked - very basic hotel but all the staff very helpful and extremely attentive. Lucas, Chloe and Dad were in 1 room and Mum and Phoebe in the other which worked out fine for the 5 or 6 hours we were there...

Advertisement



Tot: 0.057s; Tpl: 0.012s; cc: 6; qc: 47; dbt: 0.0354s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.1mb