Best Places to visit in Mumbai & Weekend Getaways


Advertisement
India's flag
Asia » India » Maharashtra » Mumbai
August 27th 2018
Published: August 27th 2018
Edit Blog Post

I have been living in Mumbai since long time and every weekend or on holiday I try to make trip around Mumbai if not traveling out of city. Below are my top picks from the city to make the best out of your weekends.

Our recommendations of the places to visit within the city:


• Marine Drive; preferable to visit early in morning or after evening till late night.
• Visit Gateway of India. If time permits, book a sailing ride in evening during sunset for an unforgettable experience.





• Take a cab or drive through Worli Sea link.





• Spend a day in Essel world; they have some of the amazing and thrilling rides and water activities, perfect for a day-out with friends or family.
• You can go to Bandra bandstand and sit in the rocks in the shallow sea
• Take a stroll in the hanging gardens in Malabar Hill





• Do have some chaat and local cuisine in Juhu Cowpatty
• Kanheri Caves in Sanjay Gandhi National Park might also be a good choice while in Mumbai





• For street shopping do visit Bandra hill road and Linking road. The boutiques here have unique collection as well. Colaba causeway also has a good collection for local shopping activity.
• For bars and pubs, choose any good rating clubs in Bandra, Colaba, Andheri and Powai. To name a few, Irish House (Colaba), Live (Colaba), Rude lounge (Powai), Club Sikus (Sahara hotel, domestic airport), Drop (Bandra), Khar Social etc. The list is never ending.







Top 3 best weekend Mumbai getaways destinations

The dynamic and electrifying life in metropolitan is undeniably one of the most intriguing facets for the residents. Mumbai is one of such metropolitan cities in India that never sleeps because of it's continuous hustle and bustle. However, even when this big city offers tremendous scope for youngsters to live a full-blown life, it also offers unending places surrounded with nature's most spectacular beauty.

Being in a monotonous and busy life, it is obvious that your mind will seek for something different and outstanding. With many weekend destinations located nearby Mumbai, you get an amazing opportunity to spend relaxed time with your dear ones.

Here is a list of our favourite places to visit in Mumbai


Lonavala: This is a twin hill resort that is popular for it's spectacular view. Located at a distance of 93kms from Mumbai, this place has a special place in the hearts of people. It can soothe every mood with it's serenity.





Murud: This majestic Murud- janjira fort is located is a small village located at a distance of 148kms known for it's ultimate ancient looks. It's gigantic walls include stories from history and its astonishing architecture are some of the prime aspects attracting visitors from different parts of the world.





Nasik Winery: This is the wine capital of India attracting people from across the world. On visiting this part of the city situated at a distance of 167kms, you can observe the oldest and recognized vineyards which includes one of the most popular wines Sula. Apart from this, it is also a Hindu religious destination.




Bonus Locations:

Mahabaleshwar: if you are looking for a perfect escape in the serenity, Mahabaleshwar is the ultimate destination located at 263kms from Mumbai. This is a Misty hill station boasts the evergreen forests and creates a perfect ambiance. It's spectacular view makes it one of the most impeccable part of the city.

Pawna Lake: This lake is located at a distance of 20kms from Lonavala apt for the artists residing in Mumbai. It's sheer size and scenic beauty makes it a perfect choice for the painters to fill their canvas with marvellous colors. Moreover, due to its towering hills and pleasant atmosphere throughout the year, it has become campers paradise.



Mulshi Lake: If you are looking for unforgettable lake views surrounded with high peak mountains, Mulshi lake located above the Mulshi is the ultimate destination located near Mumbai. Due to it's excellent climatic condition along with wonderful scenic beauty it has become a known escape for the people. You can find many standard hotels with great amenities to enjoy the place to the fullest.



Dighi: If you find sea more fascinating, Dighi is the best and nearest destination from Mumbai. With the beach being designed by human, it makes it a perfect place to spend leisure time. Standing on the beach during sunset and sunrise makes it a photographer’s destination. Availability of some classy hotels compel visitors to opt for this affordable weekend destination.



Escaping from the hustle and bustle of the city by visiting these few fantastic destinations can rejuvenate your mind and soul. Blessed with breathtaking landscape including emarald green water, fascinating mountains, serene hill stations and tranquil sea beach aids in eliminating the mundane life.

So choose a location as per your desire and spend relaxed time with yourself and your dear ones. For more details & pictures you can search savvyfernweh in Google/Youtube/Instagram.

Advertisement



Tot: 0.068s; Tpl: 0.01s; cc: 5; qc: 44; dbt: 0.0358s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.1mb