Luxury quick stop in Mumbai


Advertisement
Asia » India » Maharashtra » Mumbai » Juhu
January 11th 2016
Published: January 28th 2016
Edit Blog Post

We made it! We finally arrived in our last destination on this trip through India. To be honest, the 2 days following the night in hospital, all, Nina wanted to do is: leave India the fastest possible and fly back home. This has happened the first time ever. Normally, time is only flying by when we are travelling and we are always very sad when it is time to return. Nina had finally decided to con... Read Full Entry



Photos are below
Photos: 40, Displayed: 21


Advertisement

Taj Palace HotelTaj Palace Hotel
Taj Palace Hotel

simply an amazing building
this movie scene had to be repeated..... several timesthis movie scene had to be repeated..... several times
this movie scene had to be repeated..... several times

we left before it was finished. The horse was a bit lazy and the actors did not know where to run first. So funny!
toilets @ Global Pagodatoilets @ Global Pagoda
toilets @ Global Pagoda

I was lucky that the toilets were clean - otherwise it would have been awful. ;-)



29th January 2016

All's well that ends well!
How fantastic that you had a wonderful ending to your time in India! I've heard that you've not really traveled unless you've traveled in India. The fact that you survived hospitalization and the annoyances of India proves that you are real travelers. And how wise to realize what you need for your next journey there. Glad you're home in your peaceful haven now. You survived!
1st February 2016

the true traveller
Yes, we have heard the same. We have to admit that we were very glad to have experienced some tough times while travelling (i.e. in Malawi) before we came to India. But anyway, India is so different to everything else and is so demanding, one simply cannot prepare. It is like nothing else in the world. If this makes a true traveller - I do not know. But we have to admit we are longing for an easy beach time on a south asian beach or a wonderful lonely hike in Patagonia ;-).
30th January 2016

Glad to hear you arrived home safely
I have read your last three blog entries, and I'm sorry to hear you had such a bad experience with illness and the hospital. Glad you are home safely. Your words on being ready for India before you begin are so true - I've been to India twice now, and each time ended with quite severe illness, along with the frustrations of India. However, there is still something amazing about the country, which still draws me back - some deep sense of spirituality combined with teeming experiences of humanity. If you're anything like me, you'll be wanting to go back for more within a few months... Glad that you're both safe and well back home though. Thanks for writing and posting :)
1st February 2016

true
yes, it is true. It is kind of a love-hat-relationship we have with India. We will surely go back one day, maybe even this year because of spiritual reasons (our spiritual master is about to open an ashram there). If you are interested in some spiritual experiences and you don not want to travel to India, you can also check out www.bhaktimarga.org, the website of our spiritual master. Happy travels without illness ;-)!
3rd February 2016

Love hate relationships
Sometimes traveling teaches us that we love to have new experiences but we really do love home. The balance is a great thing. Health problems always taint our experience. Glad you are safe and happy.

Tot: 0.089s; Tpl: 0.011s; cc: 15; qc: 26; dbt: 0.0475s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.1mb