Orchha fort


Advertisement
India's flag
Asia » India » Madhya Pradesh » Orchha
November 1st 2006
Published: November 6th 2006
Edit Blog Post

We arrived at our next desination 'Orchha' after a 3 hour car journey and were dropped off right outside the massive Fort there.....which also happened to be our hotel too! (Sheesh Mahal). We were taken to our Marharaja suite (only the very best of course!) which was very grand!

We spent our evening sipping the local brew and watching the sunset from our private open window seat in true marharaja style followed by a breakfast the next morning at our very own alfresco dining area!

For the rest of the morning we explored the rest of the fort and the village. The village itself is rather unpleasant compared to our last stop in Khajuraho.

After a tasty curry lunch we took another short car journey to Jhansi to catch the Shatabdi Express to Agra (Executive class of course - a million miles from the overfilled 2nd/3rd class carriages that we saw pulling in and out of the station - truly horrific!!).

We arrived in Agra 2 hours later, where we found ourselves a taxi to take us to Bharatpur. We arrived quite late after an interesting journey but were pleased to enter an oasis that was 'The
Our PlaceOur PlaceOur Place

Entrance to our palacial pad!
Bagh'. Bharatpur is not very well set up for tourists, so quality accommodation is a bit thin on the ground. Thank goodness for our 'Special places to stay' book!!




Additional photos below
Photos: 4, Displayed: 4


Advertisement

Bit of brekkyBit of brekky
Bit of brekky

Breakfast on the terrace


6th November 2006

Great to have your blog on our return from sunny Bournemouth (it really is warm until the sun goes down!)Could have warned you about the Khajuraho sculptures - I've seen them in books - they are definitely unique!!! You don't see stuff like this in the West!
9th November 2006

Dude! I've been back for a couple of days now. Thanks to jetlag+dodgy stomache, I'm awake at 4:20AM checking out your blog. Wow. It looks like an incredible place. Your home looks very swish. I can relate to some of the insane driving skillz of the locals, it's the same in the Philippines - go forward, press horn, overtake, press horn again for good measure. Tip: close your eyes and pray, it works wonders. Hey, at least you haven't had a motorbike ride with 4 people sitting on the bike - I have. Anyway, it's good to see you're enjoying the curry. Take care of yourselves and enjoy the rest of the hols. PS, got your last voicemail - yep, I've tried R6. Not bad, not bad. Seen some GOW vids - it looks stunning. 8 more days!

Tot: 0.085s; Tpl: 0.01s; cc: 11; qc: 60; dbt: 0.0475s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 2; ; mem: 1.1mb