Ah, trains and buses!


Advertisement
Asia » India » Madhya Pradesh » Khajuraho
November 19th 2007
Published: November 21st 2007
Edit Blog Post

Not much to tell really. In the last week, since leaving Varanasi, I spent around 55 hours on trains and buses, and that is excluding waiting times. The bus from Varanasi to Khajuraho left at 5AM, and arrived 16hrs later. Take in account that the roads are very bumpy, the air that inevitably hits your lungs is highly polluted, the day temperatures are around 30 degrees Celcius, the seats don't lea... Read Full Entry



Photos are below
Photos: 33, Displayed: 21


Advertisement

Pandav FallsPandav Falls
Pandav Falls

34km from Khajuraho. No water falling anymore... I bought a picture of this place during monsoon.. It normally fills up to the edge.
Pandav FallsPandav Falls
Pandav Falls

Above the canyons. Normally the water would run here to fall down into the canyons. Pretty dry now.
Agra - Woman in orangeAgra - Woman in orange
Agra - Woman in orange

Stood there like that for about half an hour, without moving or showing signs of discomfort. Chapeau.
Agra - Taj MahalAgra - Taj Mahal
Agra - Taj Mahal

Around 6:30 AM, no sun yet.
Agra - Taj MahalAgra - Taj Mahal
Agra - Taj Mahal

07:30, finally the smog cleared up.
Agra - Taj MahalAgra - Taj Mahal
Agra - Taj Mahal

From the restaurant rooftop, pitch dark 20 minutes later.
Train to GorakhpurTrain to Gorakhpur
Train to Gorakhpur

This is what AC2 looks like.
Gorakhpur - Grungy roomGorakhpur - Grungy room
Gorakhpur - Grungy room

Someone has left this room without underwear...
Nepal - Near SonauliNepal - Near Sonauli
Nepal - Near Sonauli

Lunch in a Japanese style restaurant... momo's are yummie (similar to Dim Sum)



21st November 2007

Captivated
Have been on a speaking and book signing tour of Quebec so am away from home and the computer. What a delight to catch up and read all your entries. I am captivated by your account I am living India through your eyes. Your adventures have brought the sweet and sour taste of India back to my palet. I now have a yearning to go myself after so many false starts. I was pleased that you did a 10 day vipassana retreat. To read of your experience brought back fond memories of my own vipassana experiences. Sorry to hear about your phone problem. I will send you my phone number by email. Now that you are in Nepal try not to give any Free Hugs as it is now illegal to do so. Much love and warm hugs m.
21st November 2007

already Nepal
I can so well imagine the endurance you have been into, the polluted air, the bumpy roads and the lack of private space. I'm left in horror when you talk about not even taking a shower after two long days of traveling, brrr, that means something coming from you! And then this Taj story, and the phone loss... aie aie, are you really sure you don't want to be in cold and wet belgium were everything is so organised and boring? :-). I still wish i could be there with you, at least for some of the vieuws you share with us. HAVE FUN IN NEPAL :-) :-) :-o ;-) :-P !
2nd December 2007

Easy Women
It's plain to see you haven't read the Young Indian Male's Guide to Seducing Western Women. The basic premise seems to be I am handsome and sexy and all western women are sluts. A short book. Poor guy, all he wanted was sex, all you wanted was a ride. He was doomed from the beginning. Would love to hear the story he told his friends.

Tot: 0.065s; Tpl: 0.011s; cc: 9; qc: 19; dbt: 0.0305s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 2; ; mem: 1mb