Thats a big cat!


Advertisement
India's flag
Asia » India » Madhya Pradesh » Bandhavgarh NP
January 23rd 2011
Published: January 26th 2011
Edit Blog Post

After leaving Alipura Place we headed to Khajuraho, infamous for it's 1000 year old temples deplicting the Kama Sutra. They say it is Khajuraho's remoteness that saved the temples from foreign invaders over the centuries. Unfortunate for me I was still not well from the previous night and spent most of the day in bed sleeping it off.

The following day we ventured deep into Madhya Pradesh's jungle to arrive at Bandhavgarh National Park. Bandhavgarh has an abundance of tigers, more so than any other part in India, so our chances of seeing tigers were very high. On arrival to the park I was allocated a seat in a different vehicle to the other girls and knew straight away it was going to be my luck that they would see a tiger and I wouldn't. At the end of the afternoons safari both vehicles hadn't spotted a tiger but there was an abundance of wildlife on display. Wild boars, deer, monkeys and birds....but still not the main attraction.

The following morning we took an early safari and our fingers and toes were crossed we would spot a tiger. Of course my vehilce didn't, but the girls managed to see a male tiger and later a mother with her three cubs...disappointing for me but the girls had plenty of photos and video's.

Now off on an overnight train to Varanasi, our last destination before heading back to Delhi....hope it's as comfortable as my first overnighter!


Additional photos below
Photos: 4, Displayed: 4


Advertisement



Tot: 0.149s; Tpl: 0.016s; cc: 9; qc: 57; dbt: 0.0706s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.1mb