Popular Destinations for Kerala Honeymoon Holidays


Advertisement
India's flag
Asia » India » Kerala
November 26th 2015
Published: November 26th 2015
Edit Blog Post

Kerala has always been a favourite spot for honeymooners as it is home to some mesmeric attractions that are worth visiting with a special someone. From hill stations, beaches and lakes to backwaters, national parks and spice plantations, there is much to see and explore in the state. Listed below are some destinations that you can visit on your Kerala honeymoon holidays to make your first couple trip a memorable experience.

Thekkady

Home to the famous Periyar Wildlife Sanctuary, Thekkady receives hordes of tourists each year. The scenic beauty of this place serves as a perfect honeymoon destination. Jungle rides in the Periyar Wildlife Sanctuary, which sprawls over an area of more than 777 sq km, to witness elephants, tigers, Nilgiri langurs and lion-tailed macaques can be an exciting experience. Another attraction worth visiting here is an artificial lake that has been formed with the construction of the Mullaperiyar Dam across the Periyar River.

Kovalam

A beach town in the district of Thiruvanathapuram, Kovalam is famous among holidaymakers, especially honeymooners. The Kovalam Beach is formed by three beaches, namely Samudra, Lighthouse and Hawa. The Lighthouse Beach is the most popular among tourists because splendid views of the sunrise and sunset can be enjoyed from here. Visiting the lighthouse, which is located on the Kurumkal hillock, is a must do thing in Kovalam.

Munnar

This picturesque hill station in the district of Idukki is among the most popular destinations of Kerala. Situated on the Kannan Devan Hills at the confluence of Kundaly, Mudhirapuzha and Nallathani rivers, Munnar enjoys a pleasant climate across the year. The lush greenery, cool climate and high mountains of this place simply enthral honeymooners to the core. There are a number of attractions in and around this hill station that are worth a visit, and one among them is the Eravikulam National Park, where lies the highest peak of South India – Anamudi.

Kumarakom

Located close to the beautiful Vembanad Lake is Kumarakom, one of the most toured destinations in the state. This place experiences a moderate climate throughout the year making it a favourite hotspot for travellers to this region. A major highlight of this place is the Kumarakom Bird Sanctuary, which is known for its migratory bird population. Another important crowd puller at this destination is the houseboats, which can be availed to spend some quality time on the backwaters.

Wayanad

This scenic district of the state is known for breathtaking waterfalls, spice plantations and thick rainforest cover. Set on the Western Ghats, this district lies at an altitude between 700 to 2100 m. The district has borders with the states of Tamil Nadu and Karnataka. October to May is the ideal time to come here and visit attractions like Wayanad Heritage Museum, Chembra Peak, Edakkal Caves, Meenmutty Falls and Kuruva Island. The best way to reach here is by taking the Kozhikode-Mysore National Highway.

Kerala honeymoon packages include all these and many more scenic destinations in their itineraries. By taking these packages, you can make your honeymoon quite a special affair.


Additional photos below
Photos: 5, Displayed: 5


Advertisement



Tot: 0.216s; Tpl: 0.021s; cc: 10; qc: 45; dbt: 0.0466s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 2; ; mem: 1.1mb