3 Must-Visit Places with Dubai Tours


Advertisement
United Arab Emirates' flag
Middle East » United Arab Emirates » Dubai
November 24th 2015
Published: November 24th 2015
Edit Blog Post

Located on the coast of the Persian Gulf, Dubai is one of the seven emirates that make up the United Arab Emirates. It has emerged as a business hub and major tourist destination in the Middle East. Before the discovery of oil, the place was famous for its pearl trade. The locality of Bastakiya, named after Bastak in Iran, is a testimony to this illustrious trading history. Over the years, it has earned a reputation for being called a global city. With Dubai tours, travellers can visit iconic buildings like Burj Khalifa.

People visiting the city often witness the ancient traditions and modern lifestyle, beautifully merging with each other. This, along with a large number of activities that people can enjoy, makes the time spent with Dubai tour packages a fun experience. From sandboarding and desert safaris to riding a seaplane and hot air ballooning, there are a number of things to keep visitors entertained. For an insight into the local culture of the emirate, there are a number of places that can be explored. Described below are three of the most famous attractions in the emirate.

Dubai Museum

Housed in Al Fahidi Fort, built in 1787, Dubai Museum is an ideal place to learn about the history of the city. The 18th-century fort is also one of the oldest surviving structures here. It served as a residence for the local rulers and a prison before being converted into a museum. The central courtyard of the museum has bronze canons, wooden fishing boats and a traditional hut made of mud and palm. Such huts were called Barasti and served as summer houses for locals until mid 20th century. Apart from these, there are handcrafted weapons and instruments on display here.

While at the museum, tourists can see historical photographs and film footages, depicting the traditional life in the desert, home and sea. The highlight of the place is an archaeological section, showcasing findings from ancient settlements around Jumeirah and other sites.

Burj Khalifa

While spending time with Dubai holiday packages, it can be hard to ignore the sight of Burj Khalifa, dominating the amazing skyline of the city. Setting a benchmark in the field of architecture and engineering, Burj Khalifa with a sky-piercing height of more than 828 metres, is the tallest building in the world. Its two observation decks provide breathtaking views of the emirate and the surrounding desert and sea.

Dubai Mall

Dubai Mall, with around 1200 stores spread over an area of approximately 13 million sq feet, is the largest shopping mall on earth. It features an aquarium, a massive ice rink, indoor theme park and over 150 food outlets. Visitors can witness marine life at Dubai Aquarium and Under-water Zoo, play video games at SEGA Republic or skate on artificial ice at Dubai Rink.

These are the three incredible places that can be visited during Dubai tours for a fun-filled holiday.

Advertisement



Tot: 0.124s; Tpl: 0.024s; cc: 7; qc: 44; dbt: 0.0627s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.1mb